Start your day off right with some coffee, hashed browns and a simple, yet delicious homemade Egg McMuffin recipe.
Homemade Egg McMuffin Recipe
Introduced by McDonald’s back in 1977, the Egg McMuffin has now become a breakfast staple thanks to its mobility, simplicity and of course…delicious taste. Paired with hash browns and orange juice or coffee, there’s really no better way to start your morning. Although, it would be nice to be able to skip the long lines once in a while, right? Instead of getting in your car, why not just make an Egg McMuffin at home? In under 5 minutes, you can have the McDonald’s favorite in your hands and ready to devour.
What You Need:
- 1 English muffin, halved and toasted
- 1 egg
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 tsp margarine, melted
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- cooking spray
- 1 tbs water
- fry pan with lid
- round egg ring (or 12×10 in sheet of aluminum foil)
- If you don’t have an existing egg ring, you’ll need to make your own from a piece of aluminum foil. Start by folding your 12×10 inch sheet in half to form a 12×5 inch rectangle. Fold it in half two more times until you end up with a 12×1 inch strip and then wrap the foil into a small circle.
- Use a glass to make the circle perfect, as that’s the exact size you want for the egg.
- Now heat your pan over medium/low heat and spray it and the egg ring with cooking spray. Now place the egg ring in the pan and crack the egg into it. Apply a little bit a pressure to the egg ring so that the whites don’t seep out from the bottom. After 5 to 10 seconds of cooking, break the yolk. Add water to the pan on the outside of the ring, cover the pan and let it all steam for 3 minutes. Remove the ring and you now have a perfectly round egg.
- Add the Canadian bacon to the pan and cook it for 10 to 20 seconds on each side.
- Toast your English muffin and then brush the melted margarine on the inside of each half. Place the Canadian bacon on one half and the cheese and egg on the other.
- Flip the muffin with the Canadian bacon over the one with the egg and your Egg McMuffin is now complete!
What do you think of this homemade Egg McMufin frecipe? Share your experience with us in the comment section below.
- 12 Sweet And Savory Empanada Recipes
- Bacon & Cheese Crumpets For Breakfast | Homemade Recipes
- Corn Dog Waffles Are The Breakfast Treats You Deserve
- The Perfect Breakfast Sandwich
- Start Your Morning Off Right With Breakfast Tater Tots
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Make sure to follow us on social media too: