If you’re searching for the perfect breakfast sandwich, look no further. This recipe keeps things simple and delicious, and it’s perfect for a weekend breakfast.
How to Make the Perfect Breakfast Sandwich
Is there anything better than the perfect breakfast sandwich? There’s something about the combination of egg and cheese that is unlike any other breakfast. But with so many tasty options on the market, how do you choose the best sandwich? Luckily for you, we’ve found perfect sandwich that combines all of the best breakfast staples – eggs, cheese, bacon and hash browns – all within a fluffy, buttery croissant. Check out the recipe below, and be sure to leave your own breakfast sandwich ideas in the comments!
- 1 croissant, sliced in half
- 1 egg
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 thick slice tomato
- 1 large handful of frozen hashbrowns
- 1 slice American cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Set the bacon on a paper-lined plate to drain. Keep the bacon fat in the frying pan.
- Cook the hash browns in the bacon fat until golden and crunchy, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the hash browns onto another paper-lined plate to drain.
- Fry the egg sunny-side up. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid to steam and cook the egg faster. Set the egg on another plate.
- Add the tomato slice to the pan and fry up until slightly browned, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a generous layer of mayonnaise across the bottom half of the croissant.
- Sprinkle the bread with hash browns and place the cheese on top.
- Broil this half of the croissant in a toaster oven or conventional until the cheese is melted.
- Place the bacon over the cheese, then add the tomato and the egg.
- Top with the other half of the croissant, then cut in half or devour as is. Enjoy!
- Start Your Morning Off Right With Breakfast Tater Tots
- Homemade Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- How to Plan the Best Sunday Brunch
- 22 Homemade Breakfast Bar Recipes
- 12 Back-to-School Breakfast Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media:
Leave a Reply