Stuffed with a sausage and wrapped with bacon strip, you and the entire family will absolutely enjoy these breakfast tater tots every morning.
Start Your Morning Off Right With Breakfast Tater Tots
Tater tots aren’t just for grade school cafeteria lunches. They’re simple yet versatile. They can be paired with everything from seasoned ground beef to a melted cheddar cheese. While they’re not quite the main dish you’re looking for, tater tots are perfect as an appetizer, snack, and even a breakfast meal. Try this recipe by simply following the easy steps below. It’s an easy homemade recipe your family will love. Enjoy your tater tots with a couple strips of bacon, some chunks of sausages, and a yummy Hollandaise sauce, and now you’ve got yourself a delicious meal to start your day!
— Homemade Recipes (@BestHomeRecipes) June 19, 2017
For the tater tots:
- 1 peeled russet potatoes
- cooked sausages
- bacon strips
- all-purpose flour
- chopped chives
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
For the Hollandaise sauce:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 lemon’s juice
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- cayenne pepper
Step 1: Boil The Potato
Place your potato in a large saucepan and boil for 10 minutes or until tender.
Step 2: Grate The Potato
Take the potato out of the saucepan and place it under cold water to stop it from cooking continuously. Using a cheese grater, grate the potato in a medium mixing bowl.
Step 3: Prepare The Potato Mixture
Add the flour, chopped chives, and Parmesan cheese into the grated potato. Then, season it with salt and pepper and mix well.
- A GRIDDLE PAN THAT YOU CAN TRUST FOR LIFE: Stop wasting your money on cheaply made grilling skillets which get warped in...
- NO MORE STUCK AND BURNED FOOD: This top rated grill pan features a specially designed, flat interior which has a double...
- PREPARE MANY TYPES OF FOOD AT THE SAME TIME: Whether you wish to cook for the whole family, or you are planning a...
Step 4: Assemble The Tater Tots
Take a small amount of the potato mixture in your palm and add a small piece of cooked sausage then mold it into what looks like a tot. Put them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Step 5: Add The Bacon
Cut a slice of bacon in half and wrap it around the frozen tot.
- Air is the new oil. Fry and cook healthier food in the air fryer with up to 75% less fat.
- Fastest and most even cooking thanks to the unique and patented starfish design.
- Cook more food in the large 28 ounce frying basket. Voltage: 110 volts, power: 1425 watts
Step 6: Secure The Tater Tot
Secure the tater tot with a toothpick to make sure the bacon will stay in place.
Step 7: Deep Fry
Heat a pot or a deep fryer with oil to about 375 degrees F. Fry the tater tots for 1 minute or until golden brown.
Step 8: Prepare The Dipping Sauce
In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice until the egg yolks double in size. Place the bowl on top of a saucepan filled with hot water making sure the bowl won’t touch the water. Add the melted butter into the mixture and whisk well until it reaches its creamy consistency.
Step 9: Add Seasoning
Add salt and cayenne pepper for extra flavor.
Step 10: Dip & Enjoy!
Enjoy your tater tots with a yummy and velvety dipping sauce. Share these bad boys with your family!
- Air fry your favorite foods with little to no oil. Thanks to the rapid air technology in this air fryer there is no need to...
- Easy-to-use dual controls allow you to set temperature to 175F - 400F and cook from 1 – 30 minutes. The simplicity helps...
- Comes with a detachable basket to help transport hot foods onto plates making cooking safer for you and your family. The top...
Watch the video tutorial for these breakfast tater tots from TheJoshElkin below:
Your breakfast tater tots are now ready to serve! You can make these tater tots the night before. Pop them in the freezer and you’ll have the perfect breakfast tater tots the next day.
Up Next: 17 Easy Hot Breakfast Ideas
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.