Take an authentic British breakfast to another level with these supercharged crumpets, loaded with layers of cheese and bacon.
Bacon & Cheese Crumpets For Breakfast | Homemade Recipes
Tea & crumpets.
While the now British breakfast staple has its origins as early back as 1382, the modern crumpet become popularized in 1874 by Samuel Bath Thomas, an immigrant from Plymouth, England who arrived in New York and started a bakery that sold a modified version of the crumpet.
Crumpets are ideal with jam and honey, but that doesn't mean you can't get creative with it. If you're from England or simply want to enjoy an authentic European breakfast, we've got crumpets for you that are topped with loads of bacon and cheese.
Breakfast will never be the same.
- 1/3 cup bread flour
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. fast-acting yeast
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 strips of bacon
- cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the two types of flour, sugar, yeast, pinch of salt, water and milk. Combine until you have a thick consistency.
- Let the mixture sit for a couple of hours.
- After the two hours, grease 4 crumpet rings and place them on a pan over medium heat.
- Divide the mixture between the four rings and get out as much air as you can from it. Use a spoon to really pack it in there.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until they're completely firm.
- While the crumpets are cooking, fry 8 strips of bacon in another pan. Put them aside, let them drain and break each one in half.
- Once the crumpets are done, butter them up and add two pieces of bacon, cheddar cheese, another two strips of bacon and a final layer of cheese on top.
- Put the crumpets on a grill (or in the oven) until the cheese melts and the crumpet gets a little toasted and golden brown.
- Corn Dog Waffles Are The Breakfast Treats You Deserve
- The Perfect Breakfast Sandwich
- Breakfast For Dinner: Homemade Shakshuka Recipe
- 12 Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Start Your Morning Off Right
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media:
Leave a Reply