You need a new and unique breakfast treat that will never get boring. Say hello to corn dog waffles.
Corn Dog Waffles Are The Breakfast Treats You Deserve
Every morning should start off with your favorite food, whether it's eggs, bacon, avocado, or…waffles. Originally from Belgium, waffles began to make its way to North America, which is now a staple of the American breakfast. While a plain waffle can be dressed in syrup, fruit and whipped cream, have you ever considered throwing something inside of it?
If you want to try out a hybrid breakfast that comes packed with flavors, you need to learn how to make corn dog waffles. They're easy, they're cheap and they taste good as can be. Check out the recipe below!
- 4 beef franks
- 1 pkg. corn muffin mix or waffle batter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Grab some cooking spray and spray down your waffle iron. Turn it on to medium heat.
- Place a wooden skewer into each frank and cook each one in the waffle iron for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the franks and set them aside.
- Prepare the corn muffin or waffle batter according to the directions on the package, but also add in the sharp cheddar cheese.
- When the batter is done, spread half of it on the bottom grid of the waffle iron. Place the franks over the batter (with the sticks poking out), spread the remaining batter over the franks, close the lid and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the waffles are golden grown.
- Remove the waffles, cut them into quarters and serve with ketchup, mustard or honey. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media:
Leave a Reply