Everyone’s favorite food combination just got even tastier. This recipe turns chicken and waffles into a bite-sized snack that's perfect for football season.
How to Make These Chicken and Waffle Wings
Chicken and waffles are a match made in breakfast heaven. This dynamic duo has made its way to waffle houses across the country, and with good reason – it's the perfect combination of savory and sweet. And it's about to get even tastier! This recipe combines chicken and waffles into a bite-sized snack that is a sure to become a tailgate staple. Break out a plate of these wings at your next football party – no fork or knife required!
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup cayenne pepper sauce
- canola or vegetable oil
- 6-8 chicken drumettes
Waffle Coating Ingredients:
- 1 cup Belgian waffle mix
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. Canola or vegetable oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine melted butter, maple syrup and cayenne pepper sauce. Whisk ingredients together until sauce is smooth.
- Preheat a large saucepan, then fill the pan halfway with oil.
- Add chicken drumettes to the oil. Sear on both sides over high heat until fully cooked.
- Transfer the drummettes to your mixing bowl and coat in the sauce.
- Remove the drumettes from the sauce and shake off any excess. Let them cool for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine waffle mix, water, egg and oil together with a whisk until smooth.
- Dip one drummette into the waffle coating, then place on a hot waffle iron. Heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat process for each drumette.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- 14 Must-Try Hybrid Recipes You Need To Know About
- Bacon Pancakes with Bourbon Maple Syrup
- How To Make Fried Chicken
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: