Smother these bacon pancakes with a homemade bourbon maple syrup and prepare yourself for the most amazing pancakes ever.
Bacon Pancakes with Bourbon Maple Syrup
I’ve always been a huge pancake lover, but never a fan of conformity. It’s all usually the same: bits of chocolate chips, cut up strawberries, a dollop of whipped cream and some honey. Enough with the same. I want something different from my favorite breakfast treat. So why not give it an upgrade?
Bacon, bourbon, maple syrup and pancakes. All in one hell of a breakfast.
That’s what we’ve got in store for you today. Check out our video and full instructions below to learn how to make these bacon pancakes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Bourbon Maple Bacon:
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 2 tbsp. brow sugar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. bourbon
Bourbon Maple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tbsp. salted butter
- Start by preheating your oven to 350F.
- Mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup and bourbon.
- Toss and coat your uncooked bacon strips in the bourbon mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top of it.
- Lay the bacon on the rack.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, vanilla and butter. In another bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry one and stir until just combined.
- Heat a griddle pan or a cast iron skillet over medium to high heat. If you’re using pancake circles, spray them with cooking spray.
- Add a teaspoon of oil or a dab of butter and heat or spray the griddle.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of batter to the pan or enough batter to fill the pancake circles half way up.
- Heat until bubbles form and start to pop.
- Carefully flip over and cook through.
- Heat the three ingredients for the bourbon maple syrup in the microwave and stir.
- Stack your pancakes with the bourbon maple bacon and pour the bourbon maple syrup over them.
- Almond Chocolate Waffles | Homemade Recipes
- 12 Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Start Your Morning Off Right
- The Easiest Bacon Cinnamon Rolls Ever
- Eating Clean Recipes | Episode 6: How To Make Gluten Free Pancakes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media:
[…] 1. Bacon Pancakes with Bourbon Maple Syrup […]