Bread is a beloved pastry served in many homes around the world. However,if you go to different countries you'll notice that there are countless variations of bread. Today we'll share a plum bread recipe made with applesauce. Check it out below!
Applesauce Plum Bread
Makes 2 loaves
⅔ cup vegetable oil
½ cup egg mix + 1 cup water (or 4 eggs)
½ can plums, drained (15.5 ounce can)
½ can applesauce (15.5 ounce can)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup raisins
½ cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans.
3. In a large bowl, beat oil, eggs, plums, and applesauce on low speed.
4. Gradually add flour, sugar, salt,cinnamon, cloves, and baking powder to applesauce mixture.
5. Beat all ingredients on low speed, scraping bowl constantly.
6. Gently stir in raisins and walnuts. Pour into pans.
7. Bake at 350ºF until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
8. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans with knife; remove from pans. Cool completely before
9. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Note: Can be frozen
Make smart choices from every food group.
The best way to give your body the balanced nutrition it needs is by eating a variety of nutrient packed
foods every day. Just be sure to stay within your daily calorie needs.
A healthy eating plan is one that:
• Emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products.
• Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts.
• Is low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars.
Recipes and info taken from a River of Recipes
Try out this recipe and let us know how you fared in the comment section below.
More recipes you might have missed.