Chocolate and olive oil are two ingredients you probably never expected to hear in the same sentence. Here’s a chocolate olive oil cake recipe that will change your life.
RELATED: Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe
How to Make the Best-Ever Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened sifted cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
Reminder: Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Take a 9in round cake pan and line the bottom with some parchment paper. Add a coat of cooking spray to the bottom and sides of the pan so your cake doesn’t stick when you bake it later on.
- Pour your flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda, and granulated sugar into a bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Add in your dark brown sugar and olive oil, then whisk until incorporated. Lastly, pour your coffee and vinegar and mix until you get a smooth batter texture
- Pour your batter into the cake pan you prepared. Make sure it’s not overfilled to give your cake room to rise.
- Bake your cake for 30-35 minutes, or until the toothpick test comes out clean with just a few crumbs sticking on the toothpick.
- Let your cake cool for 10 minutes before adding your glaze or frosting.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
This chocolate olive oil cake recipe is a surefire hit for any occasion. We hope you enjoyed this recipe and stay tuned for more.
- Back To School Clean Eating Snacks
- Delicious Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Anyone Can Make
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!