Fish sticks are the epitome of “frozen convenience food” for most people, but these air fryer fish sticks may just change your mind about them.
How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- 1 pound of any white fish like cod
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- cooking oil
Step 1: Slice Your Fish
Slice your fish into strips of your desired size. Pat them dry.
Step 2: Set Up Your Flour, Eggs, and Prepare Your Breadcrumb Mixture
Get three bowls and add your flour in the first one, and your eggs in the second, and your breadcrumbs and your seasoning in a third bowl. Make sure the bowl is big enough to be able to roll your fish sticks in the bread crumb mixture.
Step 3: Dredge Your Sliced Fish
Now that you have the dipping stations ready, start dipping the fish first in flour, then in the egg, and finally, the breadcrumb mixture.
Step 4: Bring Out the Air Fryer
Spray the air fryer basket with the cooking oil of your choice. Next, place the fish sticks in the air fryer basket and spray with more cooking oil.
Now that your fish sticks are inside, fry them at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Because you’re using an air fryer, you just need enough oil to coat the fish. No need to drench them.
Step 5: Flip, Cook Some More, then Serve
Once done, open your air fryer basket and flip your fish to cook the other side. Fry for another 5 minutes, or until it turns a crisp golden brown.
Serve with a dip of your choice. You have many options when it comes to dips. Here are some of them:
- Tartar sauce: You can buy a bottle from the store, or make some in the comfort of your home.
- Honey mustard: Honey mustard dip is perfect if you want a sweet, tangy twist to your fish sticks. It’s a cinch to make too.
- Fry sauce: Contrary to its name, fry sauce isn’t just for fries.
- Lemon mayo: A squeeze of lemon juice adds a new dimension to your usual mayo dip, and it only requires two ingredients.
- BBQ sauce: While this isn’t a grilled recipe, nothing stops you from having barbecue sauce with fish sticks.
Watch this video from John Quilter for another way of doing a fish and chips recipe:
Air fryer fish sticks take the fish sticks you know and love to the next level. We hope you enjoyed this recipe and stay tuned for more air fryer recipes.
What do you dip your fish sticks in? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips Recipe For Your Next Snack
- Say Hello To Your New Favorite Snack: Avocado Fries
- Homemade Tomato Paste Recipe
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!