Bring back sun-dried tomatoes with this easy-to-make stuffed chicken, packed with spinach, mozzarella and feta.
Stuffed Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Cheese
As I was walking down the canned vegetable aisle at the grocery store last week, I stumbled upon an old friend—
I grabbed the tiny glass bottle and stared at it, reminiscing. As I looked at the price ($10 for this?!) I thought, “What’s something that I can make with these…that’s absolutely worth it?”
I’ve done the baked penne. I’ve done the tomato soup. Heck, I’ve even thrown them in cheese paninis. So where’s there to go from here?
Then I thought about a recipe I had seen on Bon Appétit (fantastic recipes, def check them out if you haven’t), featuring stuffed chicken breasts with fontina, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. While I’m not a huge fan of fontina or artichokes, this was my chance to make something new and exciting from sun-dried tomatoes!
I purchased the pricey little bottle, rushed home and thought up of a stuffed chicken recipe more of my style. Instead of fontina and artichokes, I swapped them out for sautéed spinach (yes!!!!) and two of my favorite types of cheese: mozzarella and feta.
Seriously, this is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever dealt with…preparation took about 20 minutes, with cooking time taking only 10 minutes (30 minute recipes are the best!!!). Below you can find the recipe for this stuffed chicken recipe, as well as a short video to help you on your way. Enjoy making this quick and easy dish!
- 1 large chicken breast
- 3/4 c. balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 c. sautéed spinach (which is about 2 cups of regular spinach)
- 1/4 c. feta cheese
- 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese
- Start by cutting off any fat from your chicken breast.
- Once it’s clean, place it in a large ziplock bag along with 3/4 cup of balsamic vinaigrette.
- Place the bag in the fridge and let it marinade for 20 minutes to an hour.
- After removing it from the bag, grab a large sharp knife, and cut a pocket in the chicken breast. It will sort of look like a hot dog bun when you’re done.
- Heat up a pan and sauté about 2 cups of spinach.
- Now it’s time to stuff your chicken!
- Start with about 5 to 7 sun-dried tomatoes.
- Next, place the sautéed spinach on the tomatoes.
- Finally, throw on the mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Suture the chicken closed with toothpicks so that nothing falls out when you cook it.
- Grab a pan, put some oil in it, and cook the chicken under low-medium heat.
- Depending on the size of the breast, it can take anywhere from 7 to 15 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with couscous and a side of vegetables.
- 10 Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes
- Homemade Coconut Chicken Recipe
- A Simple Balsamic Chicken Recipe | Homemade Recipes
- Easy Homemade Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 12 Chicken And Bacon Recipes
- 12 Shredded Chicken Recipes
— Homemade Recipes (@BestHomeRecipes) November 14, 2015
Check Out This Post From Pioneer Settler:
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: