End the summer season with a bang with these Labor Day recipes. This quick list of homemade recipes contains everything from fresh dips, to smoky grilled entrees, to a sweet dessert.
13 Labor Day Recipes For Your Next Holiday Cookout
1. Corn Salsa
Tip: For an added creaminess, add some avocado into the mix. You’ll thank me later.
2. Grilled Ranch Potatoes
- Keep a close eye on the skins as they can burn quickly.
- Soak any wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes before threading your potatoes, so they don’t turn into charred ash.
3. Panzanella Salad
Tip: Toss the bread cubes in some olive oil and bake them at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- THE ONLY PRODUCT YOU’LL NEED: This versatile product functions as an air fryer, rotisserie oven and dehydrator, perfect for...
- EFFORTLESS COOKING: This multi-functional air fryer cooks faster than an oven and does not require preheating, while helping...
- CONVENIENT ACCESSORIES: Interior lighting allows you to easily watch your food as it cooks. Accessories include 2 air flow...
4. Grilled Chicken Bacon Sliders
We love these grilled chicken sliders: they’re easy to make and easy to pop in your mouth. Every bite contains a burst of salty and sweet you won’t be able to resist.
Tip: Marinade your chicken for at least 2 hours to get the best flavor out of them.
5. Classic Grilled Cheeseburger
No list of Labor Day recipes is complete without the classic grilled cheeseburger. One bite of this juicy burger, you would want for more.
Tip: If you are making your patty from scratch, an 80/20 is the golden lean meat/fat ratio for the juiciest burgers. Do not add salt until patties are formed.
6. Honey Dijon Chicken Wings
All the complex flavors dripping out of these Dijon chicken wings make up for the inevitable mess that happens when you eat them. Just like any kind of chicken wing, it’s best when shared with family and friends.
7. Double Red-Eye St. Louis-Style Ribs
These juicy, tender ribs are one of our favorite Labor Day recipes because they fall just right off the bone. The secret to the sauce? Some coffee and chocolate.
Trivia: Do you know Louis-style spareribs are flatter than baby back ribs? That’s what makes them easy to brown.
8. Taco Dogs
Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays with these taco-style hot dogs. Best served with some tortilla chips.
9. Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Tip: Make sure to use fresh lemon juice for this recipe.
10. Buttermilk Fried Chicken
This crispy, flavorful fried chicken will surely be a hit for all ages. The buttermilk gives the chicken a distinct tart-like taste you wouldn’t get anywhere else.
11. S’ mores Cupcakes
12. Peanut Butter-Fudge Ice-Cream Pie
Want peanut butter, chocolate, and ice cream all in one dessert? Cap off the summer with this creamy, indulgent ice cream pie that doesn’t require you to touch an oven.
Tip: Dip your knife in hot water first before making your first slice, so you don’t get excess cake sticking out and making a mess.
13. Cinnamon-Oat Peach Crisp
This fusion of Georgia’s state fruit and hearty oats will surely leave you wanting for more. While this recipe uses peaches, you can use any other fruit, and it will still taste amazing.
Check out these Labor Day party ideas from Better Homes and Gardens:
You’ll never go wrong with any of these Labor Day recipes. We hope we’ve given you some ideas on what to serve during your summer cookouts.
What are your go-to Labor Day recipes? Let us know in the comments section below!
- 29 Mixed Drinks Recipes For Labor Day 2015
- How To Be A Master Chef In 10 Days – Be A Grill Master
- Creamy Spinach Dip Recipes For Your Next Party
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!