This great keto eggplant parmesan recipe will help you get your Italian craving in, while also staying in line with your low-carb, high-fat lifestyle.
RELATED: 15 Easy & Healthy Eggplant Recipes | Homemade Recipes
Keto Eggplant Parmesan Italian Recipe
Click here to jump to the recipe card.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 1/2 cups of almond meal
- a tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 3 clove of finely minced garlic
- half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 6-8 leaves of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- shredded mozzarella and parmesan
- olive oil
- Wash and slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rounds and place them on a sheet pan
- Salt the eggplant slices on both sides, set aside for 10 minutes
- To create our breaded crust for the eggplant, mix the almond meal, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt. Set this aside for now.
- For the wet component of the breading, mix 3 large whole eggs in a bowl with a splash of water
- Coat your eggplants
- Put the coated eggplants on the baking pan, and give them a light drizzle of olive oil, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Pour in a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking pan, then place the eggplant slices, add another layer of your tomato sauce and top it with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the eggplant parmesan in the preheated oven at 375°F for 10 minutes, then broil on high for 3-5 minutes to get everything melted and golden on top.
Don't forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
We hope this recipe gives you keto practitioners hope, that even with a carb-heavy cuisine like Italian can still be keto-friendly and tasty. This is also a great recipe if you're trying to cut back on your meat consumption or try something new than the typical chicken parmesan we're all accustomed to.
What are some of your favorite keto recipes to make? Try the recipe above? Tell us in the comment section below!
- 9 Healthy Keto Shrimp Recipes For The Seafood Lover In You
- Homemade Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 9 Guilt and Gluten-Free Cheesecake Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Also, make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply