Who needs fast food when you can learn how to make onion rings at home?!
How To Make Onion Rings
Onion rings always come through when regular french fries just can’t do it for you. Each beer-battered and crunchy bite pairs well with just about anything, but we all know they go perfect with burgers. Unfortunately, if you grill up some burgers at home, onion rings usually aren’t really on the radar since they take a little more effort to prepare than other sides.
For this tutorial, you’ll need the following:
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups+ Panko style breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- baking sheet
- Ziploc or paper bag
- small bowls
- aluminum foil
- an oven preheated to 450 F / 230 C
- Cut off both ends off the onion and then slice it into thick rings. You’ll get around 4 to 5 slices, each about half an inch thick. Carefully separate them and place all of them in a bowl of water.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F. Next, combine the flour and seasoned salt in a bowl. In another bowl, beat two eggs. Finally in another bowl, pour two cups of Panko breadcrumbs. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with cook spray.
- Now it’s time to bread your onion rings. Remove an onion ring from the water and place it in a ziplock bag with the seasoned flower. Shake it well. Remove the onion ring, shake it lightly to remove excess flour and then dip it in the beaten eggs. Let excess egg drip off.
- Next, throw the onion into the breadcrumbs and coat it well all over. Finally place the onion ring onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process for every ring.
- Once all the onion rings are on the sheet, spray them lightly with cooking spray. Throw the sheet into the oven and bake them for 10 to 15 minutes. When they’re nice and golden, that’s when you know they’re done!
- 4 Ways To Enjoy French Fries on National French Fry Day
- 12 Tasty French Fries Recipes You Won’t Forget
- 12 Healthy Baked Fries Recipes For National French Fry Day
- Super Yummy Three Cheese Fries Recipe
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media too: