Pickled corn is easy to make and serves as a delicious treat for you and the entire family. You can mix pickled corn into salads, pasta salads, potato salads, salsas, or as a taco topping as noted by Grant Melton who provides this delicious DIY recipe for you to try. Read on for more!
Learn to DIY Pickled Corn
Makes: one 16-ounce jar
Prep time: 8 hrs
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, halved lengthwise
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 3/4cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Place the corn kernels, jalapeño halves and bay leaf into a 16-ounce jar. Set aside.
- In a small pot, stir together the vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and pour the hot liquid into the jar to cover the corn.
- Discard any remaining pickling liquid you may have left. Carefully place the lid on top of the jar and let sit until cool to the touch.
- Once cool, place into the fridge and let chill overnight. Keep chill until ready to use.
Recipe by Grant Melton
NB.. There are other ways to make picked corn as well, this one was courtesy of Grant Melton, but you'll notice that different people make theirs in different ways.Feel free to experiment with the method that works best for you.
Are you planning to try, or have you already tried this easy to make picked corn recipe? Well tell us all about it in the comment section below; we love hearing your feedback. And if there are any particular recipes you want us to share let us know in the comment section as well.
More homemade recipes