If you’re something with a massive sweet tooth, you know how it feels to all of the sudden have a sweet craving. However, many of us are not into chocolate and caramel sauce and can find certain desserts to be just too rich. These mini cinnamon sugar donuts are the perfect solution to ending a sweet craving without feeling too much or a sugar overload. Want to learn how to make them? Read on!
Mouthwatering Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup fruit sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1tsp dry yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 120 gr of coconut butter cut into small cubes
- 150g coconut butter, melted
- 1 cup (200 gr) fruit sugar + 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Add to the mixer bowl the egg, sugar, warm milk, yeast, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Add 2 cups whole wheat flour and slightly increase the mixer speed while gradually add the softened butter cubes.
- Add the remaining flour and continue at low speed until the dough becomes smooth and easy to pull apart.
- Transfer the dough to a clean bowl and grease well on all sides.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about an hour and a half until the dough doubles in volume.
- When the dough has risen give it a clean surface and roll it out until it has a thickness of about 1.5 cm.
- Cut with a cookie cutter or a glass into circles with a diameter of about 3 cm.
- Place in a baking dish lined with baking paper at intervals, and let rise about 25 minutes.
- Place in the oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the donuts have a light golden color.
- Remove from oven and dip each donut while hot in melted coconut butter, fruit sugar, and cinnamon.
- Place on a serving plate and let cool. Voila!
Don’t these mini cinnamon sugar donuts sound delicious? Have you gone ahead and tried making them? Let us know how they came out in the comments below!
Are you interested in reading about other yummy desserts and how to make them? You’ll LOVE these articles!
12 Delicious Homemade Churro Recipes You NEED To Try
Grandma’s Delicious Banana Bread Recipe