We all know the struggle too well of trying to find a great recipe to cook during the week that is both healthy and easy. After a long day at work, the last thing we want is to have to make a recipe with a bunch of steps, and that takes a long time! We may have other commitments or a family to take care of, so we need something healthy and delicious in a snap. Your answer? These SUPER tasty fajitas!
Healthy and Delicious (Weeknight!) Fajitas
- Heat-Resistant Serving Base
- Dual-Opening Tortilla Drawer
- Two Positionable Condiment Holders
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 white onion
- 1 bell pepper (your favorite, or a mix of different bell peppers)
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1 pound of fajita sliced steak (some grocery stores sell this already sliced, which cuts down on time even more!)
- 2 packets of Fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup of water
- Toppings: Light sour cream, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, reduced-fat shredded cheese
- Flour tortillas or Spanish-flavored rice
- Cast-iron surface conducts heat better than other materials; surface grows more stick-resistant with use
- Decorative chili-pepper handle mitt protects hands from hot temperatures
- Preseasoned to prevent food from sticking (though coating first with oil or spray is recommended)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Chop onion and bell pepper and place into the skillet, stirring until softened.
- Slice steak and chicken breast into long pieces.
- Place sliced steak and sliced chicken breast into the skillet and combine with onion and bell pepper.
- Let the steak and chicken cook through completely, then add in fajita seasoning mix packets and 1/2 cup of water.
- Reduce heat to low and let the meat and vegetables absorb the fajita seasoning flavor, stirring occasionally. Allow for the liquid to reduce and sauce to become thicker.
- Warm up some tortillas in the oven, or microwave a packet of Spanish rice to go with your meal if you like.
- Add all your favorite toppings and then roll up your fajitas in a warm tortilla and enjoy!
This recipe is definitely a great one for those who like a bit of a kick in their food. If you’re something you do not necessarily like a lot of heat, you might want to skip this recipe!
- COOK INDOORS AND OUTDOORS: Cook tasty dishes indoors and outdoors on the grill, stove, induction cooktops, and even in the...
- LONG-LASTING RELIABILITY: Cast iron skillets crafted with seasoned cast iron that lasts through years of regular cooking and...
- PRECISION HEAT DISTRIBUTION: Provides even heat distribution for improved cooking and frying on any cooking surface
What is wonderful about these fajitas is that they are healthy and filling, do not cost a lot to make, and can be prepared pretty quickly. You can use any kind of protein you like, from tofu to fish or shrimp, to steak and chicken! They offer a ton of exciting flavors and make the perfect meal to share with your family any day of the week.