Fuel up for a long day with these low-carb turkey sausage patties. This turkey recipe is not only nice and juicy but also packs a lot of protein you need.
How to Make Juicy Low-Carb Turkey Sausage Patties
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp of dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
Cooking Tips and Reminders:
- Before getting started, preheat your oven at 350F. Preheating takes time, and you want the oven at the right temperature as soon as you need to use it.
- Use an oven thermometer to ensure you’re cooking at the correct temperature.
- Let the temperature stabilize for a few minutes before putting the patties in the oven later in the recipe.
- ★ EVEN TOAST TECHNOLOGY - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a...
- ★ SMALL PACKAGE WITH BIG OVEN HEAT - Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F lets you cook with the convenience of...
- ★ MULTI FUNCTIONAL - Our toaster oven comes with many features and cooking functions some of which include: baking,...
Step 1. Mix all the Ingredients
Place your ground turkey in a large bowl. Add in your brown sugar, sea salt, spices, and seasoning, then mix together by hand until they’re well-incorporated.
Step 2. Roll into Turkey Sausage Patties
Grab a handful of your ground turkey and form them into patties before placing them on another plate.
Tip: Use a big ice cream scoop to ensure uniform portion sizes.
RELATED: Easy Turkey Gravy Recipe
Step 3. Fry on Medium Heat
Sear your patties on a skillet over medium heat for 1 minute on each side, or until you get that brown crust on top. This locks in the juices in your turkey sausage patty keeping it nice and juicy.
Step 4. Bake in the Oven
- Cover the top of a baking tray with some aluminum foil and let your sausage patties rest on top.
- Place your turkey sausage patties in the oven and let it cook for about 25 minutes, or until patties’ temperature reaches 165ºF. This ensures your turkey is fully cooked and safe to eat.
Note: Placing your food on an aluminum foil helps distribute the heat and prevents them from browning too much (especially when you have a darker baking tray). Also, use a meat thermometer to check the right temperature.
Step 5. Serve and Enjoy
Take the turkey patties out of the oven. Serve and enjoy. You can eat them right away or store them in the fridge for later.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
These homemade turkey sausage patties are simple, easy to make, and especially wonderful for a healthy breakfast. We hope you enjoyed this low carb take on the classic breakfast sausage, and stay tuned for more healthy homemade recipes.
What do you like to have with your turkey sausage patties? Share your favorite combinations in the comments section below!
- 9 Keto Meal Prep Recipes To Help You Stick To Your Diet
- 9 Famous Fall Chicken Recipes For The Whole Week
- 17 No-Bake Desserts To Make This Summer
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!