Do you have not a clue as to how to perfect a turkey gravy recipe? Let us help you out! Here is a simple yet delicious turkey gravy recipe that can certainly wow you, your family members, and your guests this holiday season!
RELATED: Creamy Homemade Country Gravy
Homemade Turkey Gravy Recipe
Click here to jump to the recipe card.
- ¼ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of flour
- 2 cups of turkey drippings
- a cup of mixed vegetables
- After roasting the turkey, collect the drippings that were left in the oven.
- Get a sieve with fine mesh and strain the fat drippings and the vegetables into it. Press the vegetables well to make sure that you have gotten all the juice out of it. Once you have gotten all the juice that you need, you can discard the vegetables. You will not be needing it later.
- Set the fat aside for a few minutes. This will allow the fat to rise to the top. For those with a gravy separator, you can use this. If not, manually remove the fat on top.
- Place the fat into the small saucepan. This must be about ¼ cup. If it did not amount to about ¼ cup, you can add more butter.
- The turkey broth must be 2 cups. If not, you can add more and you can also try adding some white wine to boost the flavor of the gravy.
- Place pot over medium heat. Pour the fat into it and heat it up until it simmers.
- Add the flour to the pot then whisk in order to combine properly.
- Cook this for a few minutes in order to remove the raw flour taste of the mixture.
- Pour the turkey broth small amounts at a time, whisk it as you do so.
- Bring the mixture to simmer as you continue to add and whisk the mixture.
- Continue simmering until the broth becomes thicker. This will take about 5 minutes. Set the mixture aside.
- Serve it warm together with turkey and potatoes.
Tip: You can substitute the ¼ cup of butter with ¼ cup of turkey fat.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
That’s all folks. A turkey dish is a mainstay in the table during the holidays and at Thanksgiving parties. If you are planning to cook a delicious turkey dish, you have to try our homemade turkey gravy recipe!
Did you enjoy our homemade turkey gravy recipe? Let us know in the comments section below what you thought of our homemade turkey gravy recipe. Do you have a favorite homemade turkey gravy recipe that’s been in your family for ages? Share it with us and we’ll give it a shot.
- Easy Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Perfect For Your Next Snack
- Creamy Spinach Dip Recipes For Your Next Party
- 9 Famous Fall Chicken Recipes For The Whole Week
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Also, make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on Dec 6, 2019, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Can’t wait to try this.
Belinda Pomerleau says
It looks so easy can’t wait