An inexpensive, quick-to-prepare tater tot casserole that kids and adults alike will love.
Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Humble in its appearance, the tater tot casserole (colloquially called a hotdish) is a coveted Minnesotan recipe that makes up for in looks with a hearty and delicious taste, thanks to ground beef, chicken soup and of course…tater tots. Perfect for when you’re in a hurry, a tater tot casserole requires only a handful of ingredients and takes practically no effort to prepare and bake.
The most difficult thing is finding the perfect recipe! Luckily, we’ve got just what you need. Thanks to Reddit user raymond8505, you can easily prepare a cheesy tater tot casserole for your entire family!
- 1 pound medium ground beef
- 2 pounds tater tots
- 16 ounces chunky salsa
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cook the onion in a large pan (along with oil) on high flame until translucent.
- Next, throw in the ground beef and cook until lightly browned.
- Now add salsa and bring it to a simmer.
- Finally, stir in the soup.
- In a large baking dish, arrange a layer of tater tots. Cover them with half a cup of cheese.
- Add the beef mix and spread evenly.
- Add the remaining tater tots and cover them with the rest of the cheese, which should be another cup.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our daily newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media too: