Drizzled with melted chocolate and topped with a layer of sour cream, this fruity cherry pie is the slice of life that you need right now.
Sour Cream Cherry Pie | Homemade Recipes
Sour cream pairs well with acidic fruit, so it only makes sense that a sour cream cherry pie would be a match made in heaven. With a chocolate crust, this vanilla/sour cream filled cherry pie comes with the best of both worlds: sweet and sour. Get your ingredients ready and enjoy yourself a slice of this delicious sour cream cherry pie.
Step 1: Dough
Beat the softened butter, sugar and 1 egg until well combined.
Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into the bowl with the butter mixture.
Combine both mixtures to make the dough, then turn it into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Sour Cream & Cherries
In another bowl, combine the sour cream, other egg, sugar and vanilla extract.
Pit your cherries.
Step 3: Prepare Pie & Bake
Roll out and flatten the dough on a floured surface then place it in a springform pan.
Pour the sour cream filling on the dough and then throw on the cherries. Bake at 350F for 50 to 60 minutes.
Step 4: Melt Chocolate & Serve
Melt the dark chocolate and spread it on the baked pie. Let the pie chill for 2 hours before serving.
Check out the full recipe over at Kitchen Bowl, thanks to lusya.
- 9 Raspberry Pie Recipes To Enjoy For Pi Day
- Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream | Homemade Recipes
- 15 Best Pie Recipes For The Christmas and Holiday Season
- Apple Pie Recipe From Scratch | Homemade Recipes
- 5 Easy Ways To Make Your Thanksgiving Pies Look Awesome
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media:
Frederick A Moss says
The recipe looks fantastic, but I’ve just got two questions –
1. Can the crust be pressed into the springform – my rolling skills are not good
2. Can the cocoa powder be eliminated without any issues – I’m a 1%’er – not a real fan of chocolate?
Thanks for going through the work to make this and sharing your recipe without requiring me to sign up for a monthly subscription.