A sweet bite from this apple tart can make you feel all warm and fuzzy this winter. Make sure to give it a shot and share it with your loved ones!
RELATED: 14 Homemade Apple Pie Recipes
Apple Tart Recipe You Can Try This Winter!
I’ve been looking for a delightful dessert recipe for months! Last year, I missed my chance to make a fantastic dessert for my family. Now, I want to impress with something homemade that’ll rival store-bought desserts.
I was browsing the internet for a great dessert to whip up for Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Then, Martha Stewart’s apple tart recipe caught my attention immediately. It was mouthwatering!
The best part–it’s very easy to make! Now I don’t have to worry about dessert. This recipe is guaranteed to be delightful this winter.
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry (from a standard 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- Flour (for work surface)
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten with 1 tsp. water, for egg wash
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. apricot jam or apple jelly
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Open a pastry sheet and fold it back. Roll out the pastry sheet to an 8 by 14-inch rectangle on a clean floured work surface.
- Trim the edges of the pastry sheet with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- Transfer the pastry sheet to a baking pan. Then place it in the freezer.
- Peel and core the apples. Then slice them at 1/4 inch thick. Be careful when using a sharp knife.
- Put the apple slices in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of sugar and toss until all the apples are thoroughly covered.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk and add 1 teaspoon of water. Brush the pastry sheet with the egg wash mixture, avoiding the edges.
- Use a sharp knife to create border marks around the pastry sheet (do not cut all the way through).
- Place the apples inside the border marks and scatter cubes of butter on top.
- Place the pastry in the oven, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Check if the apples are cooked and tender.
- In a saucepan, heat the apple jelly or the apricot jam with one tablespoon of water until it’s melted.
- After 30-35 minutes, get the pastry, then brush the apples with the glaze.
Now you have a warm and sweet apple tart to enjoy this winter. Slice and share with your family and friends!
If you’re looking for a delicious dessert to indulge in this winter, try this rustic apple tart. You only need simple ingredients and simple steps! It’s a great recipe to feed your cravings for a warm and delightful treat during the winter season.
Your friends and family will surely love this apple tart. We bet they’ll even ask for another piece!
Do you like this apple tart recipe? Let me know in the comments section! <
- 20 Easy Caramel Apple Recipes
- These Apple Pie Recipes Are Ripe for Every Season
- 15 Dehydrator Recipes | Snack Hacks Homemade Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on December 30, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.