For all your pasta cravings, you need these fantastic pasta cooking tips! There’s no kind of pasta dish these pasta cooking tips can’t transform into perfection.
Pasta Cooking Tips for Your Pasta Needs
Pasta is probably one of the most famous and well-loved dishes. No matter where you’re from, chances are you’ve had a dish of pasta in your life. From tomato sauce-based to vegetarian pasta dishes, everyone has a pasta dish he or she loves. But what makes every pasta dish amazing are these pasta cooking tips! No matter what kind of pasta it is, these pasta cooking tips are the secret to loving them. With these pasta cooking tips, every kind of pasta you make will be a little bowl of heaven.
1. Use A Spacious Pot
It all begins with equipment and ingredients. After choosing premium quality pasta, select a large pot in which to cook it. Using a small pot makes the strands of pasta cling to each other. The water temperature is also not handled well in small pots, so there’s a tendency to get pasta that’s undercooked or overcooked.
- Two-position cutting
- Easy to use
- 50 percent more blade edge exposed for deeper cutting
2. Make Sure The Proportions Are Right
There are three essentials when cooking pasta: water, pasta, and salt. Among these pasta cooking tips, this one is the most important. Use about 5.5 liters (24 cups) of water for every pound of pasta. Add about 9 teaspoons of salt. Also, remember to let the water boil first before adding salt. Adding salt before the water boils makes it boil so much longer and consumes the flavor that was supposed to be in your pasta, not in evaporated water.
- THE ORIGINAL RAVIOLI STAMP SET AND CUTTER. Stamp for seal then cut around with wheel. Explore the geometry of pastas as you...
- PERFECT SEAL, EVERY TIME. Never let ravioli filling run away from you. Create a perfect, precise seal on the ravioli every...
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE. The wooden handle is comfortable in your hand, and allows for less strain during use. Secure your...
3. Wait for the Water to Boil
Do not add the pasta until your water is dancing vigorously because it’s reached its boiling temperature. Adding pasta before the water boils may give you soft, soggy pasta. It’s best to maintain the high temperature so the water can boil again after adding the pasta. Cooking the pasta in boiling water yields the best results.
- Aliza Green, Steve Legato, Cesare Casella
- Quarry Books
- Kindle Edition
4. Occasionally Stir the Pot of Pasta
It is important you occasionally stir the pasta even as the water is boiling. Stirring makes sure the pasta does not entangle into itself and you don’t end up with a big web of starch. It is also advisable to stir because it distributes the starchy flavor to every strand of pasta and even to the water itself.
— Homemade Recipes (@BestHomeRecipes) March 8, 2017
5. Do Not Rinse The Pasta After Cooking
Some may disagree, but we stand by these pasta cooking tips. Rinsing your pasta after cooking can drain away the leftover starch among the pasta strands. These are wonderful enhancers of flavor when you add the pasta sauce. Also, having slightly wet pasta will help combine the pasta and the sauce nicely.
- PERFECT LITTLE PASTA CUTTER----Great for making homemade noodles/ spaghetti
- MULTIPURPOSE KITCHEN MINCER----Not only a noodle cutter, it is also a good tool for mincing herbs, parsley, garlic,...
- EFFICIENT KITCHEN TOOL SAVING YOUR TIME---- This rolling dough cutter can speed up the process for cutting noodle /Pasta....
6. Aim For Al Dente
If there’s one pasta cooking tip, authorities agree on, it’s this one. Good pasta should be cooked al dente, meaning firm to the bite. Pasta should not have the same texture and consistency as noodles. Once everything is done, biting your pasta should have a very slight crunch. In other words, don’t let the pasta lose its structure.
- 16" Tall, 14" wide
- 10 Hanging arms
- 100% Non-stick, Bamboo
7. Sauce And Pasta Should Be As One
When cooking the sauce for the pasta, make sure it never reaches the boiling point. Once it’s well-cooked, add the pasta and stir well. The goal is to create a pasta dish where the sauce is almost inseparable from the pasta. All the pasta cooking tips beforehand will help make sure your sauce blends beautifully with your pasta.
Put these pasta cooking tips to use by watching this video from Tasty for four ways on how to cook spaghetti:
Who feels like going to Italy and giving these pasta cooking tips a try? Whether you aim to cook pasta like an Italian chef or a simple beginner at home, following these pasta cooking tips will give you a pasta dish that will be loved in every part of the world. Having these pasta cooking tips always helps because none of your ingredients will go to waste. Your time and energy spent in cooking will be worth it. Now, put on your apron and start creating your family’s next favorite pasta dish!
- Marcato's Original World-Famous Atlas Pasta Machine rolls and cuts pasta dough for making traditional lasagne, fettuccine,...
- Made in Italy; includes Pasta Machine, pasta cutter, hand crank, clamp, complete instructions and 10-year manufacturer's...
- Easily make 3 pasta shapes; equipped to easily attach a Pasta Drive motor or any of 12 pasta cutting accessories (sold...
Want pasta recipes to put these pasta cooking tips to the test? Try these 11 30-Minute Pasta Recipes For Busy Nights! Do you have any other pasta cooking tips you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments section!
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
- Fantes Cousin Liana's Gnocchi Board easily forms pasta dough into authentic Italian gnocchi
- Made in Italy from natural beechwood; easy-grip handle maintains the perfect angle and keeps board steady for easier use
- Ridges help shape pasta and add texture which will hold more sauce; works nicely as a cavatelli maker, too