Jalapeno poppers stuffed with smoked tofu and two types of cheese, deep fried to perfection. An all-star appetizer that will win everyone over.
Jalapeno Poppers Recipe With Smoked Tofu | Homemade Recipes
Every sports bar has nachos, hot wings, onion rings and of course….jalapeno poppers. Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, jalapeno poppers are the perfect bite-sized snack to munch on when you're drinking a beer, watching the game or simply on the move. If you need something to cheer for, we've got the perfect jalapeno poppers with smoked tofu and cheese. Best of all, these are lighter on calories than your typical poppers.
Check out the recipe from Planticize below.
- 3 oz. smoked tofu
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 8 oz. jalapeño peppers
- 6 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 6 oz. vegan cheddar cheese
- 3 oz. vegan crème fraiche
- breadcrumbs and/or panko
- oil, for frying
- Start by chopping the smoked tofu into small pieces,
- Add the liquid smoke and soy sauce to the tofu and let it marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeños and cut them in half.
- Grab the marinated tofu pieces and fry them on high heat.
- In a bowl, mix the two types of cheese and add the smoked tofu.
- Once mixed, scoop up some of the cheese/tofu mix and spoon it into the jalapeno pieces.
- Place the flour, breadcrumbs/panko and vegan crème fraiche into three separate small bowls.
- Dip the stuffed jalapeños first into the crème fraiche and then into the flour.
- Let them dry.
- Now dip the stuffed jalapeños into the crème fraiche once more time, but this time dip them into the breadcrumbs after.
- Make sure the whole popper is coated with crumbs.
- Fill a small pot halfway with oil and heat it on medium/high.
- Fry the poppers until golden, which should take about 2 minutes
- Drain the jalapeno poppers and serve while hot.
- Beer Battered Bacon Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- Jalapeño Corn Chowder Salad | Homemade Recipes
- How To Make A Blooming Onion | Homemade Recipes
- Deep Fried Philly Cheese Steak Balls | Homemade Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: