These delicious Irish appetizers will make sure you have a memorable St. Paddy’s Day! If you want some clean and green fun, make these appetizers now!
Irish Appetizers to Satisfy Your St. Paddy’s Day Cravings
Mouthwatering St. Patrick’s Day Appetizers
St. Patrick’s Day, Ireland’s annual celebration of Ireland’s patron saint, is fast approaching. Every year on the 17th of March, the world transforms into a lively eye-catching green landscape, adorned with all things green—from four-leaf clovers to clothing, to drinks and desserts.
It is only fitting to make Irish appetizers in accordance with the theme of the celebration. If you are planning on hosting a dinner party, here are the most delicious St. Patrick’s Day recipes you must serve. Let’s get cooking!
1. Cheesy Reuben Appetizer
This delicious cheesy Reuben appetizer has corned beef and two types of cheese. If that isn’t enough to make you anticipate all the other dishes to come, then I don’t know what is.
Add some chives when you serve this for extra flavor.
- 8 oz chopped corned beef
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut (well-drained)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- Optional: sliced radishes, fresh chives (chopped), pretzel crackers, slices of cocktail rye bread
- Prepare your crockpot and spray all the sides with cooking oil.
- Add the corned beef, dressing, sour cream, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese. Mix them together until everything is well combined.
- Place your crockpot on low for 3 to 4 hours. Garnish with fresh chives and serve it with cocktail rye bread or pretzel crackers.
Make your St. Patty’s get together special with this Stainless Steel Electric Fondue Pot.
2. Shamrock Chips
Shaped as four-leaf clovers, these shamrock chips do not only look cute, but also taste great! All it takes are some spinach tortillas, a shamrock-shaped cutter, and yellow tomatoes for the salsa!
It’s one of those Irish appetizers which makes you feel like you got lucky, indeed.
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 2 large yellow heirloom tomatoes
- 1/3 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 jalapeno pepper, 1/3 cup diced yellow bell pepper, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, finely minced clove garlic, chives
- Chop ingredients into chunks, then toss into blender.
- Squeeze tomatoes a bit for the salsa to have better consistency.
- Set the blender to the lowest level to prevent over-blending.
- Allow the flavors to combine by placing the salsa in the fridge for an hour.
Shamrock Chips Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare 2 to 3 spinach tortilla wraps. One wrap can yield 7 to 8 shamrock chips.
- Make a clean cut of shamrock-shaped tortilla wraps with a cookie cutter.
- Place the shamrock-shaped cutouts on a cookie sheet, then lightly spray cooking oil mist.
- Bake the chips for 5 to 6 minutes or check often before the chips turn brown.
3. Irish Cheese Fondue
This Irish cheese fondue is the perfect trick to get your kids (and guests) to eat their greens on your St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Irish appetizers are not only tasty, but they’re also really clever!
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 6 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- crusty bread
- broccoli and cauliflower (cut into small pieces)
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add garlic, then saute for 30 seconds or until soft.
- Sprinkle a little flour with constant whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Slowly add apple juice, then whisk until a smooth mixture is achieved.
- Add 2 cups of cheese at a time, and stir.
- Cook over low heat until the cheese melts, then move to a slow cooker.
RELATED: 17 Easy Dipping Sauce For Vegetables
4. Cheddar and Guinness Dip
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Guinness draft beer
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- dash of Tabasco
- 2 chopped scallions
- Combine the cheddar, cream cheese, half & half, and mustard in a food processor.
- Sprinkle in a pinch of kosher salt, then pulse until combined.
- Pour in the beer, parsley, scallions, and hot sauce, then pulse again.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and chill for an hour. Allow the dip to warm at room temperature until slightly soft, then garnish with a pinch of chopped parsley. Enjoy!
5. Irish Egg Rolls
These crunchy rolls are expected to disappear from the trays in a flash! With carrots, potatoes, corned beef, and veggies mingling to create a distinct savory taste, who could resist?
We’re all weak in the knees for Irish egg rolls!
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 4 ounces corned beef (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup of cooked diced potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup onions (thinly sliced)
- 1.5 quarts vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 8 pieces of egg roll papers (7-inch square)
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375°F.
- Mix the onions, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, and corned beef in a large bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the egg roll papers on a clean dry surface.
- Place 1/2 cup of mixture on each wrap, roll up into logs, then wet the edge of the wrap to seal.
- Fry the rolls for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil then drain on paper towels.
6. Basil Goat Cheese Balls
Here are Irish appetizers that are mouth-watering and also pleasing to the eye! This basil goat cheese ball recipe is super easy to make, so you’ll have plenty of time to actually enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day party!
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh chiffonade of basil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Line a parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of basil, salt, pepper, and goat cheese. (Mash together with a fork to effectively break up the cheese)
- Place the panko and beaten egg in a bowl.
- Take equal amounts of the goat cheese mixture (about 1 teaspoon each) and roll into balls (should make 14 to 16 balls).
- Dip into the beaten egg to coat, then add the panko as you make each ball, then place in the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet with the goat cheese mix in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475°F while the balls are cooling. Brush the top of the goat cheese balls with olive oil, then bake for 10 minutes.
- Rest for five minutes then transfer to the serving tray.
- Drizzle lightly with honey and garnish with fresh basil.
7. Pot o’ Gold Popcorn
Where’s the joy in celebrating St. Patrick’s Day without a pot of gold? Here’s a pot of gold we can all afford (and eat!)—some pot o’ gold popcorn!
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 quarts popped corn (1 cup uncooked popcorn kernels)
- Preheat the oven to 250° F. Place popped popcorn in a very large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boil while stirring constantly. Then gently boil without stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and mix in vanilla and baking soda.
- Smother over popcorn and stir until coated evenly.
- Place in baking dishes and sprinkle with sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake in the preheated oven. Stir every 15 minutes, for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
Watch this video by Mom’s Messy Kitchen for more scrumptious Irish appetizer recipes:
I know it’s hard not to get out of your seat and head straight into the kitchen before finishing the list. These Irish appetizers are so good, they’ll make you want to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day every day!
And while these Irish appetizers suit the day perfectly, they can be made for any other occasion as well. No one should be restricted from having this much goodness. So put on your apron and make St. Patrick proud!
Which of these Irish appetizers is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below!
- 10 Savory Tarts That Make Awesome Appetizers
- 17 Easy Appetizer Recipes For A Big Crowd
- 15 Dehydrator Recipes | Snack Hacks Homemade Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published in March 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.