Craving for a pasta dish that isn’t spaghetti or lasagna? A plate of homemade ravioli will warm your heart while satisfying your appetite for a classic Italian meal! It’s a tasty way to kick it up a notch during your favorite pasta nights.
Related: 22 Homemade Pasta Recipes
Yummy Homemade Ravioli Dish to Whip Up for Pasta Nights
This homemade ravioli recipe is perfect for foodies who just can’t get enough of cheese! The indulgent and cheesy filling is the star of the show in this dish, with the dough and sauce highlighting their own delicious moments.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 can crushed tomatoes or marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley
- In a large bowl, place the cups of flour and create a well in the center.
- Crack and beat the eggs and mix with water and oil. Pour the beaten egg mixture into the well and stir everything together until you form a dough ball.
- Sprinkle some flour on the surface of your cooking station or table and knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until you reach a smooth and elastic consistency. If the dough is too sticky, you can add more flour and continue to knead.
- Let the dough ball rest for 30 minutes. For best results, you may cover the ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- While the dough is resting, you can already prepare the sauce. Using a pot or Dutch oven, boil all your sauce ingredients. Mix the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and puree well to lessen the lumps. Once you reduce the heat, stir the sauce from time to time and allow it to simmer for an hour.
- Combine all the filling ingredients into a large bowl and mix until you achieve your desired cheesy texture. You may store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and make an egg wash to coat your ravioli with.
- To prepare the homemade ravioli pieces, roll out the pasta dough into thin sheets. Place teaspoonfuls of filling on the bottom sheet, leaving 1 to 1 1/2 inches of space in between each piece.
- Cover with the top sheet of pasta and cut into squares accordingly, using a knife or pastry wheel. Once you have your squares, seal the edges firmly and add a thin layer of egg wash on each piece.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat before placing your ravioli squares. Cook them uncovered and eventually reduce the heat to a simmer until the pieces float to the top; this may take 4-8 minutes.
- Drain the cooked ravioli and prepare a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake the ravioli squares into the preheated oven until golden brown.
- To serve, place 4-5 pieces of homemade ravioli on each plate and drizzle with your desired amount of sauce.
The best thing about homemade ravioli is being able to come up with all sorts of fillings! You can go for meatier bites, vegetarian options, or even just plain ravioli with marinara sauce. It’s also a great dish to serve to your loved ones if you are craving for a fancy meal.
- Lasagna Soup Recipe: An Easy Cheesy Comfort Food This Winter
- 14 Homemade Spaghetti Recipes For Your Pasta Cravings
- Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips Recipe For Your Next Snack
Do you have your own easy homemade ravioli recipe? Share it with us in the comment section below!
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!