Learn the cheesiest lasagna soup recipe you can make at home. It's the perfect meal to enjoy with your loved ones. Plus the best dish to get cozy with!
RELATED: 17 Italian Soup Recipes To Make You Manage Chilly Nights
Super Cheesy Lasagna Soup Recipe to Cozy up Tonight
Here is a foolproof lasagna soup recipe you can always count on especially during the winter season. This soup version tastes as delightful and satisfying as the classic lasagna. The only difference is that it's way more warming and comforting.
This is such a crowd-pleaser and a tasty dish to cook any time of the day. Especially tonight!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cups onion
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups Unsalted Chicken Broth
- 25 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Heat your pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the pork sausage with the casings removed. Split the meat into pieces using a spatula and cook for 5 minutes, or until brown.
- When the pork sausage is fully done, turn the heat down. Then add the chopped onion.
- Season with salt, pepper, dried oregano, and crushed pepper flakes. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Mince three cloves of fresh garlic. Add that to the mixture and stir.
- Add 3 cups marinara sauce, 3 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 bay leaf, and 6 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Stir the mixture well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Break the noodles into bite-sized pieces and put them in salted boiling water. Cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Once the lasagna noodles are completely cooked, rinse and drain them. Then set aside.
- Check the soup and add more seasonings if needed.
- Get a bowl and place a few lasagna noodles in the bottom. Top with soup, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese and add a scoop of fresh ricotta.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Get cozy this chilly season by learning how to make the only lasagna soup recipe you'll ever need. This is an even more comforting version of the classic lasagna. It's a very quick recipe perfect for busy weeknights.
You just need simple and basic ingredients and you will have a tasty soup in no time. Your family will surely love how gooey and cheesy this lasagna soup is!
Do you like this lasagna soup recipe? Let us know in the comments section below!
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Also, make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on February 1, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
James Sutton says
You need to put a print button on your website so that your readers can print out the recipes.
Melissa Murphy says
Hold down shift+P
Melissa Murphy says
Sorry Ctrl + P