Yummy Sticky Buns
- 1/2-cup butter — melted, divided
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Twin — divided
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/4 c. sugar free maple Syrup,
- 7 grams per 1/4 c.
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/2 cup miller’s wheat bran
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1 tblsp vital wheat gluten
- 3 tsps cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts — chopped
- Heat oven to 350* Spray 12 muffin tins with Pam.
- Combine 1/4 cup of melted butter with, 1/4 cup of brown S Twin and L.C. maple syrup Spoon equally into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each cup with walnuts.
- Combine remaining brown ST, Splenda, flour, wheat bran, baking powder, wheat gluten, and cinnamon.
- Combine remaining melted butter, eggs, cream which has been diluted with the water, and vanilla.
- Add this to flour mixture, stir just until dry ingredients are wet. Spoon this evenly over walnuts in muffin tins…. Bake in upper third of oven for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned Remove from oven and loosen edges, invert onto cooling rack.
- Frosting Optional: Soften 1/2-c. cream cheese, sugar sub to taste, 1/2-tsp. vanilla, mix well.
Note: This is a whole grain-like bun, that rises higher than the original Atkins’ (and stays puffed on cooling), has a nice “cracked wheat” texture, slices in half (for burgers) without disintegrating, and very nice flavor, not so eggy.
- 3 eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 Tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp soy flour
- 1 Tbsp vital wheat gluten
- 3 Tbsp wheat bran
- 2 Tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 – 3 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 500 F. – Sprinkle cream of tartar over egg whites, set aside. – Blend yolks, ricotta, soy flour, vital wheat gluten, bran and flax meal. Add a couple Tbsp water to “lighten” the batter a little, then stir in baking powder.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then gently and quickly fold in the yolk mixture. Don’t worry if there are a few streaks of white … you don’t want to break down the fluffy whites and end up with runny batter.
- Make 6 buns by mounding spoonfuls of the mixture on top of one another on a greased baking sheet
- Place in hot oven; immediately reduce heat to 300 F. Bake for 20 min. Then, reduce heat to 250 F and bake for another 20 min. Buns should be glossy, golden and firm to touch. – Cool on a rack completely, before storing in airtight container.
Delectable Rye Bread, Oven Baked
- Ingredients: 5 Teasps Yeast
- Rapid Rise 2 Teasps sugar — for the yeast
- 2 1/4 Cups warm water — 110-115F max
- 2 Tablesps extra virgin olive oil (can use safflower oil or canola oil or grapeseed oil)
- 2 Cups gluten, Vital Wheat, Millstream 1 Cup Rye Flour,
- Dark 100%, Rogers 1 1/3 Cups soy flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Stoneground
- 1/2 Cup Flax Seed Meal, Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Bran Crude 1 Teasp sea salt
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the sugar and water into the bottom of your bread machine pan, and stir together. Add the oil. Pour the dry ingredients into the pan, load in the pan and run on the Dough cycle.
- Once kneaded and risen (1.5 hours max), put the dough onto a lightly floured (Atkins Bake Mix or oat flour, 2 Tablesps) board, cut in half and knead and roll the halves each lightly into a loaf shape, place in oil-sprayed loaf pans.
- Lightly spray the tops (I use an olive oil pump, can use panspray) and place a sheet of waxed paper over the top; let to rise for another 30 minutes or so in a warmish, draft-free spot.
We hope you enjoyed these awesome recipes courtesy of Achieve Fitness. Share your feedback with us!
More DIY food recipes!