Breakfast bars are yummy and healthy treats that you and your entire family can enjoy. Read on for some delicious recipes and learn how to make your own breakfast bars.
Gluten-Free Granola with Nuts and Dried Fruit
You can enjoy this wonderful cereal for breakfast,as a topping for fruit crisps, as a granola bar, or just by the handful as a snack.
- 2 cups rolled soy flakes* or gluten-free rolled oats**†
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup almond slices
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- LIQUID INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup very hot water
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
DRIED FRUITS AND NUTS
- ½ cup whole almonds
- ¼ cup dried bananas
- ¼ cup dark raisins
- ¼ cup finely chopped dried apricots
1. Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a 15 × 10-inch baking
sheet (not nonstick) with parchment paper or lightly coat it with cooking spray.
2. In a very large bowl, place the dry ingredients and toss to thoroughly combine.
3. In a small bowl, combine the liquid ingredients and stir until the honey is dissolved. Pour over dry ingredients and toss with a spatula to thoroughly combine. The mixture will be fairly wet. Place the granola on the prepared sheet and spread to a thin layer.
4. Bake 15 minutes and then stir. Bake another 15 minutes and stir again. Continue baking in 10-minute increments until the granola is browned to the desired degree. Cool the granola on the pan 20 minutes on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits and nuts. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Cranberry-Ginger Cereal Bars
You will enjoy the wonderful flavors in this no bake snack bar. It makes a quick breakfast meal on the run or a nutritious after-school snack.
- 2 cups gluten-free puffed rice cereal, such as Erewhon 2 cups homemade Naked Gluten-Free Granola
- 1 cup almond slices
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup ground flax meal
- ¼ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or buttery spread,such as Earth Balance, or canola oil
1. Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Generously grease an 11 ×7-inch nonstick (gray, not black) pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the honey and butter, until thoroughly blended.
3. Heat the honey and butter in the microwave on low for 1 minute or until the butter is melted; stirto combine. Pour over the dry ingredients and toss until thoroughly combined. Transfer the mixtureto the prepared pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula, then press the mixture down firmly with a spatula or oiled hands.
4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until the edges of the bars turn golden. Cool the bars in the pan ona wire rack at least 1 hour before cutting.
Did you try any of these yummy breakfast bars? Tell us about it in the comment section.