Nothing is more satisfying than making a complete meal from scratch. That means every single ingredient is hand-picked and combined, whether it's the kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, active yeast or all-purpose flour. Sure, it can take hours or even up to an entire day to create a completely from scratch recipe, but it's definitely worth the time and effort…especially when the outcome is something as delicious as a unique homemade brioche burger stuffed with a brisket/chuck patty, caramelized peaches, fried mozzarella and balsamic glaze.
It may not sound like your typical burger, but that's okay because trying something new and daring is what cooking is all about. In the tutorial below, you'll learn how to make everything from the crispy golden brown brioche buns to the sweet sweet caramelized peaches in this unique and mouthwatering burger.
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tbsp. warm milk
- 2 tsp. dry active yeast
- 2 1/2 tbsp. caster sugar
- 3 cups strong bread flour
- 1/2 cup plain/all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp. granulated garlic
- ½ tsp. granulated onion
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups plain panko bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into 2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lb. beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces and chilled
- 1 lb. pound beef brisket, cut into 1-inch pieces and chilled
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
Step 1: Brioche Buns
- Mix the warm water, milk, yeast and sugar in a jug and let it sit for 5 minutes until it starts to foam at the top.
- In a bowl, beat the two flours butter and salt for a minute. Add in the yeast/water mixture and one egg and beat again for 10 minutes.
- Place the resulting dough in a large bowl, cover with film and let it rise in a warm room for 1 to 2 hours. Once the dough is twice its size, place it on a floured surface take the air out of it. Cut the dough into 8 even pieces. Flatten each piece softly with your hands and shape it into a rough ball shape.
- Place them all on a tray, with the smoothest side on top. Put a bag over the tray and let the balls double in size for another 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Whisk your other egg with a teaspoon of water and brush the top of each bun with it.
- Bake the buns for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes before using.
Step 2: Fried Mozzarella
- Slice the mozzarella into 1/2 inch thick squares (that would fit in the burger).
- In one bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, garlic, onion and Italian seasoning. In a second, bowl combine the eggs and milk. Finally in a third bowl, mix the panko crumbs and other teaspoon of salt.
- Grab each square of mozzarella and dip it in the flour, then the egg/milk mixture and the panko mixture last. Repeat these three steps with the same square of mozzarella. Do it twice with each piece of cheese.
- Preheat your oil in a deep pan and cook about 2 steaks at a time. Fry for 3 minutes or until they're golden brown. Remove them from the oil, place them on a plate with paper towels and set them aside.
Step 3: Caramelized Peaches
- In a large bowl, coat your peaches with sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat and add the peaches. Cook the peaches and turn them over after 5 minutes and for a total of 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add brandy and cook until reduced, which takes about a minute. Also add butter and cream, combine and cook for another minute. Set the caramelized peaches aside.
Step 4: Balsamic Glaze
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a saucepan, then add the granulated sugar and a couple of pinches of salt and stir.
- Place the pan over medium heat and stir when the balsamic vinegar comes to a boil.
- When the glaze is thick and reduced by half, (which will take about 20 or 30 minutes) remove it from the fire and let it cool.
Step 5: Cook Burger Patties & Assemble Burger
- Use a meat grinder to grind the pieces of chuck and brisket into a medium/large bowl. Once you're done, use your hands to combine the meat. Make six patties from the meat and season both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Grease your grill and cook the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Grab your brioche buns and cut them in half. Assemble your burger, with the patty first, then the fried mozzarella, caramelized peaches and finally balsamic glaze. You've now made a unique burger completely from scratch!
If you're looking for some homemade French fries to accompany your burger, we've got you covered with these 12 French Fries Recipes.
- Pulled Chicken Burger Recipe | Homemade Recipes
- 12 Healthy Burger Recipes That Are Surprisingly Tasty
- Homemade Ramen Burger Recipe
- 21 Easy Recipes For National Cheeseburger Day
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: