This air fryer baked potato recipe will be your go-to for an easy yet scrumptious dinner. It requires less cooking time and is a perfect meal on your next fall dinner.
RELATED: Quick Air Fried Sweet Potato Tots Recipes For Healthy Snacking
How to Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Click here to jump to the recipe card.
- 3-4 medium-sized russet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (less if you use table salt)
- Your choice of oil
- THE ONLY PRODUCT YOU’LL NEED: This versatile product functions as an air fryer, rotisserie oven and dehydrator, perfect for...
- EFFORTLESS COOKING: This multi-functional air fryer cooks faster than an oven and does not require preheating, while helping...
- CONVENIENT ACCESSORIES: Interior lighting allows you to easily watch your food as it cooks. Accessories include 2 air flow...
Reminder: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. The standard heating time of air fryer takes about 3 minutes
- Dry up your potatoes with a paper towel or clean dish towel. This makes the skin even crispier as there’s less moisture.
- Spray your potatoes with the cooking oil of your choice and sprinkle all sides with the garlic powder and salt.
- Take your russet potatoes and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook them in the air fryer for about 40-50 minutes.
- Once cooked, take your potatoes out of the air fryer and use a knife to add a slit down the middle to let the steam out.
Some of the air fryer baked potato toppings are:
- Bacon bits
- Cheddar cheese
- Diced white onions
- Minced spring onions
- Sour cream
- Don’t put too many potatoes in one go, otherwise, they won’t cook properly, and you won’t get that crispy crust.
- Rotate the potatoes halfway through the cooking time, so they cook evenly.
- You can test doneness by pricking it with a fork. Your potatoes are already done when you can easily pierce it without effort.
- Homemade Recipes recommends russet potatoes because they’re rich in starch and absorb all the flavors from your toppings like a sponge.
- For the potatoes to easily absorb all the flavors, add the toppings while they’re still piping hot.
- No need to prick the potatoes before cooking
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
Using an air fryer still cuts down the cooking time by at least 15 minutes. But you can still have a crispy skin and fluffy center potatoes just like your usual oven-baked fare. We hope you enjoyed this air fryer baked potato recipe and check out this site for more air fryer recipes.
What’s your favorite baked potato topping? Tell us in the comment section below!
- Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips Recipe For Your Next Snack
- 11 Mouthwatering Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe You Need To Cook Now
- Philly Cheese Steak Recipe | Homemade Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Also, make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply