If you’re a fan of raw fish, then you’ll absolutely love this simple tuna poke packed with wakame, hijiki, sweet onion, soy sauce, and honey.
Simple Tuna Poke Recipe You Can Prepare in Minutes
- 2 tsp. dried wakame
- 1 tsp. dried hijiki
- 12 oz. raw sashimi-grade tuna, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 oz. sweet onion, diced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. white/black sesame seeds
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- kosher salt
- steamed rice
- In separate bowls, cook your wakame and hijiki with boiling water and a cover. Let the two bowls sit for about 5 minutes, then drain them and let the ingredients soak on paper towels.
- Chop up the wakame and mix it together with the hijiki in a large bowl.
- Add the tuna, onions, scallions, sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, and honey.
- Season with kosher salt and gently mix to combine.
- Taste and add more soy sauce, sesame oil, or honey as needed.
- Let the poke sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Serve it on its own or over steamed rice.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
This poke recipe is versatile. If you are not a fan of tuna, you may substitute it with salmon instead. For the bowl, you may add sliced mango, cucumber, avocado, and other vegetable garnish. The option is endless.
Have you tried any tuna poke recipe? Did you love it? Let me know in the comments section below.
- Easy Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Perfect For Your Next Snack
- Creamy Spinach Dip Recipes For Your Next Party
- 9 Famous Fall Chicken Recipes For The Whole Week
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on August 1, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.