A simple and flavor-packed Philly cheese steak recipe loaded with thinly sliced beef, sautéed veggies and melted cheese in a toasted sub.
Philly Cheese Steak Recipe | Homemade Recipes
Big flavor takes concentrated effort: gathering ingredients, slicing and dicing, and cooking them all together can take quite a bit of time, especially with more complicated recipes. Sometimes though, you want the great taste without all the hard work, whether because you’re tired or just don’t have the time.
If you’re a fan of warm sandwiches (which you should be), then you need a simple Philly cheese steak recipe in your life. All you need are green peppers,onions, provolone cheese, thinly sliced beef and a couple of large hoagies and you’ve got yourself a delicious, flavor-packed dinner for you and someone special. Check out the easy recipe below.
- 2 large hoagies or sub rolls
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced beef, deli roast beef or rib-eye
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Start by preheating oven to 300F.
- Slice the green peppers and onions. Grab a pan and sauté the vegetables over medium/high heat with olive oil.
- Cover the pan and stir often. When the vegetables are done, set them aside.
- In the same pan, add a little bit more olive oil and cook the meat. You can season it with salt and pepper if wanted. Add in the tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and throw in the cooked green peppers and onions after a bit while the meat finishes cooking.
- Grab your rolls and add the meat/veggie mixture into each one. Place 2 slices of provolone cheese over each roll and place them in the oven. Bake for a few minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Take the cheesesteaks out of the oven and enjoy.
- 15 Quick And Healthy Sandwiches To Savor Anytime
- Chicken Sandwich Recipe With Avocado, Lettuce & Tomato
- A Caprese Sandwich To Bring Out Your Inner Frenchie
- The Best Sandwich You Can Make From Thanksgiving Leftovers
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: