Inspired by French cuisine, this absolutely refreshing and healthy caprese sandwich makes the perfect light lunch or snack.
A Caprese Sandwich To Bring Out Your Inner French
Sandwiches are quick to prepare, easy to make and provide the perfect mixture of ingredients for a complete meal. Whether you love turkey or ham, lettuce or tomato or mustard or mayonnaise, you're sure to find a sandwich that can satisfy your needs. If you're looking for a rather light and even meatless choice, you need to check out this caprese sandwich packed with tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, lettuce and more.
- 4 vine tomatoes
- 2 balls of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 bunch of basil leaves
- 8 tbsp. of basil pesto
- 1 baguette of your choice
- 8 leaves of romaine lettuce
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil
- Start by cutting the mozzarella cheese into 1/2 inch slices.
- Slice your tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices as well.
- Now cut your baguette into 4 even pieces and create an opening in each one of them.
- Wash and then dry your lettuce and basil leaves.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and pepper on your tomato slices.
- Spread a single tablespoon of pesto to each side of the bread.
- Add lettuce to each side of the bread.
- Starting at the base of the sandwich, add lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, basil leave and more lettuce.
- Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over the inside of the sandwich.
- 10 Homemade Grilled Cheese Recipes
- Orzo Recipes: 14 Healthy and Absolutely Delicious Dishes
- Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe With Onions, Olives & Peppers
- Recipe For Bruschetta
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media:
Leave a Reply