Nothing beats the smell of pumpkin spice muffins at this time of the year. The combination of spices and sweet, crumbly streusel topping makes this even better.
RELATED: 20 Sweet Treats to Bake This Fall
How to Make the Best-Ever Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Click here to jump to the recipe card.
For the muffins (one batch yields 15 muffins):
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs (large)
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- A pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp melted butter
Reminder: Preheat your oven to 350°F. And prepare your baking tin.
- For your topping, combine the 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, pumpkin spice, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in your melted butter and stir until the mixture turns crumbly. Set this aside for later.
- To start with your muffin, in a larger bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in the eggs, butter, sour cream, vanilla, and canned pumpkin until well-combined into a nice, smooth batter.
- Fill in your muffin tins with the batter until the muffin liners are 3/4 full. Then, add your toppings.
- Bake your muffins for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and the toothpick test appears clean. Let them cool in a cooling tray before serving.
- Even Toast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a...
- Small Package With Big Oven Heat - Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F lets you cook with the convenience of an...
- Multi Functional - Our toaster oven comes with many features and cooking functions some of which include: baking, broiling,...
- These pumpkin spice muffins are so versatile and lend very well to ingredient changes. You can add different toppings, switch your sour cream with some Greek yogurt, or even take advantage of the fall season and make your own pumpkin puree.
- If you don’t have muffin liners lying around, you can use some melted butter or a cooking spray to prevent your muffins from sticking to the pan later.
- Do not overmix them otherwise you’ll end up with tough muffins.
- Stop mixing as soon as you don’t see any unmixed flour.
- Don’t overfill your tins, otherwise, your batter will spill out and end up in a goopy mess.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to make your muffins consistent in size. A large scoop should fill up the perfect amount of batter in your baking pan.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
Nothing screams “fall” like a great batch of pumpkin spice muffins. If you prefer frostings than the toppings, go ahead. The options can be endless too.
Let me know if you’ve tried this recipe out. I promise it will change your life.
How do you jazz up your pumpkin spice muffins? Tell us in the comment section below!
- 15 Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipes You Need This Fall
- 11 Pumpkin Seed Recipes For A Delightful Fall Snack
- Easy Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Perfect For Your Next Snack
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Also, make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply