Maintain your diet and love what you eat. That’s what life is all about, right? Make that come true with these healthy Mexican recipes.
14 Healthy Mexican Recipes
If you’re like me, you just can’t get enough of Mexican food. Endless combinations of food can be made from marinated rice, black beans, pork, steak, avocado and tortillas: tacos, tortillas, sopes, tortas and and quesadillas…just to name a few. Only problem is that the food can get fatty, especially with things like loaded nachos or pork burritos that can carry loads of fat and a heck of a lot of carbs.
Love Mexican food but also want to maintain your diet? Easy! Just replace some of the ingredients with healthier alternatives and you’re good to go! Check out these healthy Mexican recipes that will continue to satisfy your taste buds…without the guilt.
1. Smothered Baked Chicken Burritos
A “skinny” burrito packed with chicken, cheddar cheese and green chili. Full recipe.
2. Low Carb Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Everything you know and love about Mexican stuffed peppers…with less carbs. Grab the recipe here.
3. Weight Watcher’s Mexican Casserole
A great balance of protein, vitamin C and fiber in this healthy and flavorful casserole. Here’s the recipe.
4. Chicken Tortilla Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps with a taco-seasoned chicken, juicy tomatoes, corn, red peppers, cheese and tortilla chip filling. Try it here.
5. One Pot Paleo Mexican Chicken Stir Fry
One pot Mexican chicken stir fry…paleo style. Click here for the recipe.
6. Grilled Skirt Steak With Blistered Tomatoes And Guacamole
How about a steak and guac diet? Check it out here.
7. Zucchini Burrito Boats
Zucchini boats stuffed with real Mexican flavors. Gluten-free too!. Here’s the recipe.
8. Baked Chicken Chimichangas
It’s always better when baked! Get the recipe here.
9. Skinny Mexican Rice
Authentic Mexican rice with a healthy make over. Full recipe.
10. Healthy Mexican Sweet Potato Skins
A flavorful filling gives these sweet potato skins another level of yumminess. Try it here.
11. Skinny Mexican Pizza
Lighten up your pizza slices with healthier toppings and baked corn tortillas for the crust. Learn the recipe here.
12. Mexican Corn Quinoa Salad
A colorful and flavorful Mexican salad that only takes 25 minutes! Try it here.
13. Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas
A fast, easy, healthy and tasty vegetarian meal with a kiss of Mexican flavors. Full recipe.
14. Black Bean and Spinach Enchiladas
Smother these black bean and spinach enchiladas with red/green sauce and you’re set. Check it out here.
What do you think of these healthy Mexican recipes? Which recipe are you planning to try? Share your experience with us in the comment section below.
- 10 Succulent Mexican Shrimp Recipes
- 12 Mexican Desserts You’ll Wish You Have Everyday
- 14 Healthy Casserole Recipes | Homemade Recipes
- 14 Fierce Jalapeno Recipes That Are Crazy Addicting
- Adobo Chicken Tacos Recipe | Homemade Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media too: