With Halloween just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to try this creepy Jello worms in dirt. Made from a combination of flavored Jello and Oreo crumbs, this treat is sure to be the spookiest dish on the table.
So, check out the easy-to-follow recipe below.
How to Make Jello Worms as a Frighteningly Fun Halloween Dessert
View this post on Instagram
- 1 package (6 oz.) raspberry or grape-flavored gelatin
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 100 straws with bendable necks (or enough to fill your container)
- Tall container (1 quart or 1 liter milk carton)
- 1 package (15 oz.) Oreo cookies
- Combine all gelatin packets in a bowl and add boiling water.
- Let it cool to lukewarm, about 20 minutes. Add the whipping cream.
- Pull straws to extend to full length. Stand the straws upright in a large container, making sure the end is firmly pressed against the bottom of the container. Wrap the ends of the straws tightly in plastic wrap.
- Gently pour the gelatin into the straws until it reaches the top. Leave in the fridge to set.
- To remove the worms, roll a rolling pin over the straws or use your fingers and squeeze them out.
- Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Worms will hold at room temperature up to 2 hours.
- Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor. You can also place the cookies in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin).
- Arrange jelly worms in a bowl with Oreo crumbs and serve. Enjoy your spooky treat!
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
For sure, your Halloween party just got spookier! This dirt and worms recipe is the perfect Halloween dessert for ghosts and ghouls of all ages – and it’s also surprisingly tasty.
Did you have fun making these creepy crawlers? These Jello worms in dirt are even more fun to eat – and they’re the perfect amount of scary. Also, let us know if you have your own Halloween dessert ideas in the comments!
- 13 Healthy Homemade Halloween Candy Recipes
- Spooky And Tasty Halloween Cookies To Make With Your Kids
- How To Cook Pumpkin Seeds For A Great Fall Snack
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on Oct 13, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.