With Halloween just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to try this creepy crawly Halloween dessert!
How to Make this Frighteningly Fun Halloween Dessert
Your Halloween party just got spookier! This dirt and worms recipe is the perfect Halloween dessert for ghosts and ghouls of all ages – and it’s also surprisingly tasty. Made from a combination of flavored Jello and Oreo crumbs, this treat is sure to be the spookiest dish on the table. These creepy crawlers are fun to make and even more fun to eat – and they’re the perfect amount of scary. Check out the easy-to-follow recipe below, and let us know your own Halloween dessert ideas in the comments!
- 1 package (6 oz.) raspberry or grape flavored gelatin
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 12-15 drops green food coloring
- 100 straws with bendable necks (or enough to fill your container)
- Tall container (1 quart or 1 liter milk carton)
- 1 package (15 oz.) Oreo cookies
- Combine all gelatin packets in a bowl and add boiling water.
- Let it cool to lukewarm, about 20 minutes. Add the whipping cream and 15 drops green food coloring.
- Pull straws to extend to full length. Stand the straws upright in a large container, making sure the end is firmly pressed against the bottom of the container. Wrap the ends of the straws tightly in plastic wrap.
- Gently pour the gelatin into the straws until it reaches the top. Leave in the fridge to set.
- To remove the worms, roll a rolling pin over the straws or use your fingers and squeeze them out.
- Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Worms will hold at room temperature up to 2 hours.
- Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor. You can also place the cookies in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin).
- Arrange jelly worms in a bowl with Oreo crumbs and serve. Enjoy your spooky treat!
- 14 Halloween Treat Ideas For Your Sweet Tooth
- 13 Halloween Food Recipes
- 18 Halloween Appetizers That Are Dreadfully Inviting
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: