These carrot rice balls are a perfectly spooky (and healthy) snack. No need to look further if you’re looking for a tasty way to get into the Halloween spirit.
How to Make Carrot Rice Balls for Halloween
View this post on Instagram
- 1 cup medium-grain or short-grain rice
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- black olives
- green bell pepper
- Boil rice, carrot juice, water, and salt for 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Let cool to room temperature.
- Form small golf ball-sized balls out of rice, pressing firmly with hands. (Note: If rice sticks to your hands, lightly sprinkle your hands with water when rolling.)
- Cut black olives into eye and mouth shapes and press into the rice ball.
- Cut a small triangle of green bell pepper and stick into rice ball on top to form the stem.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
Get into the Halloween spirit with these super cute Halloween carrot rice balls! Not only are they adorable, but these bite-sized snacks are also super healthy.
Made from a combination of rice and carrot juice, these rice balls are a delicious addition to your vegetable platter. They’re easy to make and even easier to eat – plus, their little jack-o-lantern faces are just so ridiculously cute.
Serve these tasty snacks at your next Halloween party or make some with your kids as a fun after-school snack!
Do you have any rice balls recipe you want to share with us? Let us know in the comment section below.
- 15 Halloween Treat Ideas For Your Sweet Tooth
- 11 Vegan Fall Recipes To Fall In Love With
- 13 Healthy Homemade Halloween Candy Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on Oct 10, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.