With Halloween just a few days away, it’s the perfect time to add these sausage mummies to your party platter! Check out the recipe below to learn how.
How to Make Your Own Sausage Mummies
View this post on Instagram
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 8 sausages (we used hot dogs)
- cooking spray
- 1 hardboiled egg
- yellow mustard
- crushed graham crackers
Reminder: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Roll out your dough.
- Use a knife to cut the dough into 1/2″ strips.
- Wrap a few strips of dough around each sausage. (Make sure to leave a gap for the face!)
- Place wrapped sausages on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Use a straw to cut the egg white from the hardboiled egg. Put 2 egg dots on each sausage to make the eyeballs, then add a dot of mustard to make the iris.
- Place the sausages on a plate, then dust with graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
Your Halloween party platter just got a whole lot spookier! We love this recipe because it’s the perfect snack for boys and ghouls of all ages, and it’s also a fun spin on traditional pigs in a blanket.
With a quick trip to the grocery store, you can bust out this super simple recipe in no time. These frightfully cute mummy sausages are as fun to make as they are to eat, and they only take 15 minutes to bake!
What do you think of this easy-to-follow recipe? Let us know in the comment section below. And if you have your own Halloween snack ideas like these sausage mummies, share it also with us. We love to feature your own recipes.
- Spooky And Tasty Halloween Cookies To Make With Your Kids
- Thanksgiving Turkey Alternatives For People Who Won’t/Can’t Eat Turkey
- Easy Turkey Gravy Recipe
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on Oct 27, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.