Getting the perfect appetizer is a must, especially if you’re trying to impress loved ones at a family party or your friends on gameday. While there are tons of appetizers to choose from, how do you pick the one that everyone will enjoy the most?
Look no farther than pigs in a pretzel blanket.
Check out the video and full recipe below, from Tasty.
- 1 package cocktail franks/mini hot dogs
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 5 c. water
- 1/4 c. baking soda
- 1 egg (beaten)
- sea salt
1. Start by bringing the pizza dough to room temperature, cut it into strips and roll it out.
2. Roll up the mini hotdogs in pizza dough strips.
3. After they’re all rolled up, bring 5 cups of water to a light boil and throw in 1/4 cup of baking soda. Once it’s dissolved, boil the mini hot dogs for 20-30 seconds each. You can boil only a few at a time.
4. Remove them when done and place them on a baking tray. Brush each one lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 425˚F for 15-20 minutes or until the dough is nicely browned. Serve with melted cheese.
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media too: