Is there anything spookier than these witch finger cookies? We don’t think so. Check out the recipe below to make these frightfully tasty treats!
How to Make These Spooky Witch Finger Cookies
View this post on Instagram
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tube red decorating gel
- 1 teaspoon salt
Reminder: Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Making the Dough:
- Combine butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder, and salt, continually beating.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Lightly grease your baking sheets.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator.
- Scoop 1 large spoonful at a time onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll each spoonful of dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie.
Assembling the Cookies:
- Press one almond sliver into the end of each “finger” to give the appearance of a fingernail.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the tip and the center of the cookie to give the impression of knuckles.
- Arrange the cookies on the baking sheets. Bake until slightly golden, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the almond from the end of each cookie. Squeeze a small amount of red decorating gel in its place, then replace the almond. Press down so the icing oozes out around the tip of the cookie. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
With Halloween creeping up, it’s the perfect time to add this spooky dessert to your party menu. These witch fingers may look creepy, but they’re actually a tasty shortbread cookie in disguise!
Simply whip up some cookie dough, shape it into a witch finger shape, then add an almond sliver and red “blood!” These creepy cookies are super fun to make, and they’re sure to be the talk of your next Halloween party.
Do you have your own Halloween dessert ideas? Tell us in the comment section below!
- 13 Healthy Homemade Halloween Candy Recipes
- Low Carb Turkey Sausage Patties
- Spooky And Tasty Halloween Cookies To Make With Your Kids
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on Oct 28, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.