If you’re looking for a cheesy way to get into the Halloween spirit, look no further! This Halloween pizza is a perfectly spooky (and delicious) meal.
Make Your Own Halloween Pizza at Home
View this post on Instagram
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 hardboiled eggs (You may use quail eggs if you like)
- 1 tsp. salt
- whole black olives, pitted
- 2 cups flour
- triangular onion slices (the “teeth”)
Preparing the Dough:
- Combine yeast, sugar, and warm water in a large bowl. Allow to sit until the yeast forms a layer of foam on top of the water, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and flour. Stir with a spoon, or mix with dough hook if using a mixer, until it forms a uniform ball. (If needed, add to keep it from being too sticky.)
- Knead the dough by hand on a smooth surface, or knead with dough hook until well mixed.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise for an hour.
- Punch your dough down and briefly knead on a smooth surface. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll your dough into a rectangular shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
Shaping the Dough:
- Roll a small piece of dough into a triangular shape for the nose. Place it in the center of the dough.
- Add two hard-boiled quail eggs for the eyes. Wrap them both in a small piece of dough.
- Roll a piece of dough into a crescent shape for the mouth.
- Coat the pizza in marinara sauce and shredded cheese.
- Fill the mouth with black olives, then add onion teeth.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then slice and serve. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
Get into the Halloween spirit with an Evil Dead homemade pizza! We were inspired by this recipe at Daily Dead, which features the film’s infamous Necronomicon Ex-Mortis.
Not only is it super spooky to look at, but this Halloween pizza is also tasty and full of cheesy goodness. It’s surprisingly easy to make and even easier to eat – plus, that scary face is just perfect for Halloween.
Serve this tasty pizza at your next Halloween party, or make one with your friends at your next movie night!
If you have your own homemade Halloween pizza ideas, be sure to leave in the comments section below!
- Spooky And Tasty Halloween Cookies To Make With Your Kids
- These Mummy Sausages Are A Spooktacular Halloween Snack
- 11 Vegan Fall Recipes To Fall In Love With
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on Oct 26, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.