Add some much needed color to your life with these amazingly delicious rainbow bagels. It's a sure bet that you won't have just one.
Get A Mouthful Of Color With These Amazing Rainbow Bagels
For the most part, bagels don't really have an appealing look. Sure, once in awhile you get bagels covered in sesame seeds or filled with blueberries, but their look is a consistent shade of brown. While there's nothing wrong with that (bagels are still awesome), sometimes you want something a little more exciting right? With a bit of vibrance!
With today's tutorial, we're going to show you how to make out-of-this-world rainbow bagels. Not only do they look amazing but they also taste great, which is everything you could want from your food. Check out the recipe and video below, in case you need some visual assistance. Have fun!
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. instant yeast
- 5 different food gel colors
- Place the flour into a bowl and add 1 cup of the water, leaving 1/4 cup to adjust the texture once everything has been mixed together.
- Throw in the salt on one side of the bowl and the yeast on the other.
- Mix for a few minutes. You want the dough to not be sticky, but also not dry.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Take a piece of dough and add a few drops of food color into it, then knead in the color. Do a different color for each of the six pieces.
- Place the dough into a bowl, cover with cling film and set aside in a warm place to sit. Let it double in size.
- Grab one piece of dough and roll it out using a rolling pin. Do this for all six pieces, stacking the 6 rolled out pieces of dough one on top of the other.
- Add salt and water to a pot and bring it to a boil. Once it's at a boil, turn it down to a simmer. Also, preheat your oven to 375F
- Use a sharp knife to cut a 1 inch thick slice from the dough. Twist the dough to form a long sausage shape and then wrap it around your hand. Roll the ends together on the counter to seal the bagel shape.
- Cover the bagels and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Once all the bagels are ready, drop 2 0r 3 at a time into the simmering water. Turn them over after 30 seconds and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove the bagels from the water after the minute and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let them cool once they're done and serve with cream cheese. Enjoy!
- Gotta Eat ‘Em All: Pokémon Go Inspired Doughnuts
- 12 Homemade Churros That Make Extraordinary Treats
- Homemade Krispy Kreme Donuts Recipe
- An Easy Donut Recipe To Make Your Life Easier
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: