Make your penne pasta recipe something extraordinarily special with truffle oil, bacon, mozzarella cheese, bechamel sauce and mushrooms.
Bacon, Truffle Oil & Mozzarella Penne Pasta Recipe
Feeling inspired is as easy as shuffling down an aisle at the grocery store and stumbling upon some ingredients you don't quite use as much. It can be something as simple as a jar of sun-dried tomatoes that can lead to an incredible and unique stuffed chicken with spinach and cheese.
Another one of those distinct ingredients, which I happened to eye just recently, is truffle oil. Used to give your dishes the flavor and aroma of truffles (without having to get your hands on actual truffles), this culinary ingredient can make any weeknight dinner something special, giving your dish a multi-faceted range of flavors.
If you've got some truffle oil lying around, we've got a simple penne pasta recipe that comes packed with flavors thanks to bacon, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and of course…truffle oil.
- 5 1/4 cups penne, dry
- 1 cup bacon, cooked
- 1 cup brown button mushroom
- 2 cups bechamel sauce
- 2 cups cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. truffle oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to a large pot of water and bring it to a boil.
- As soon as the water starts boiling, add the penne noodles.
- Cook the noodles then drain.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the tablespoon of butter and cook the bacon until it's crispy.
- Add the mushrooms, béchamel sauce, cream, only 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, truffle oil and the penne noodles into the pan.
- Throw in a little water if the sauce is too thick and make sure the noodles are well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and the rest of the mozzarella.
- Serve hot.
- 14 Homemade Spaghetti Recipes For Your Pasta Cravings
- 14 Easy Pasta Recipes That Are Too Good Not To Try
- 11 Unique Pasta Recipes You Never Knew You Wanted
- 22 Homemade Pasta Recipes
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe | Smoked Salmon
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: