Can't get enough of Nutella? These stuffed pretzels, featuring your favorite hazelnut spread and caramel, will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Nutella and Caramel Stuffed Pretzels
As someone who would call themselves a bread fanatic, there's no dough I would say no to…and that includes pretzels. Even without salt or any toppings, I can enjoy bite after bite of a soft and warm pretzel until there's no more. Add a little bit of salt and melted cheese and I'm practically in heaven.
But with that being said, I'm always looking for new ways to improve my pretzel recipes, whether it's by using new ingredients or adding more of them to the mix. While I've experimented with Nutella inside of Oreo stuffed brownies, I've never once thought about adding the hazelnut spread to my savory pretzels—until I stumbled across these simple Nutella stuffed pretzels from KitchenAid (yes, the same brand that makes your favorite kitchen appliances).
Instead of just copying the recipe, I decided to add a few more ingredients to it in the form of soft caramel bites, melted dark chocolate and brown sugar. With only a few ingredients, you can have several of these sweet stuffed pretzels ready to go in under half an hour. Check out the full tutorial below.
- 1 can pizza dough
- 1 tbsp. Nutella
- 25 pieces of soft caramel
- 1 egg
- melted dark chocolate
- brown sugar
- Roll the dough flat on a surface with flour, then stretch it so that it's anywhere between 16 – 24 inches in length and about 4 – 6 inches in width.
- Use a spoon to smooth out the Nutella over one side of the dough.
- Place each one of the 20 – 25 pieces of soft caramel on top of the Nutella across the entire dough.
- Roll the sides of the dough up and over the Nutella and caramel so that it's completely covered and you're left with a long rope of dough.
- Fold the rope of dough into pretzel form and lay it on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk 1 egg and brush it all over the pretzel.
- Bake the pretzel for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Top with melted chocolate and brown sugar.
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media too: