Lobster, clams, potatoes, corn, onions, and lemon…all in one dish? We’ve got the New England clam bake recipe you need in your life.
New England Clam Bake Recipe
A traditional method to cooking seafood, the New England clam bake is a dish that comes packed with lobster, clams, shrimp, potatoes, corn, and mussels. You pretty much just toss all of the ingredients in a pot and steaming all the ingredients at once, allowing the ingredients to absorb all of the flavors in the pot. While these clam bakes are popular on the East coast, their availability is scarce everywhere else (unless you look hard enough). Instead of traveling, learn how to make this flavor-packed and mouthwatering New England clam bake recipe right at home.
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 lb. potatoes, halved
- 2 lobsters
- 2 dozen Manila clams
- 4 ears fresh corn, cut into four
- small bunch of tarragon or parsley, chopped
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- crusty bread
- 6 lemons, cut into wedges
- Throw the water, wine, Old Bay, garlic and salt into a huge stock pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the onion and potatoes into the pot first, cover it then cook on medium/high for 15 minutes.
- After that, add the lobsters over the potatoes and, cover the pot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, toss in the clams and corn and continue cooking for 8 to 10 minutes. You’ll know the clams are done when they’ve opened.
- Remove the pot from the heat and drain.
- Empty the contents of the pot onto a table lined with newspaper or butcher paper, then to a large platter.
- Sprinkle everything with herbs and serve with melted butter, lemon wedges and toasted bread of your choice.
- 14 Father’s Day Recipes That Dad Will Absolutely Love
- 8 Halibut Fish Recipes To Cook For Dinner
- A Dozen Grilled Seafood Recipes For Your Next Seafood Feast
- 14 Mouth-Watering Crab Recipes You Need To Try
- 11 Flavorful Catfish Recipes That Are Anything But Basic
- 14 Best Fish Recipes
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Also, make sure to follow us on social media: