You don’t have to go to the fair to try all those awesomely ridiculous treats. Learn how to make fried Oreos right at home!
How To Make Fried Oreos
We’re now at the point where we’ve deep fried almost everything. Seriously. You name it and we’ve deep fried it.
Ice cream? Check. Watermelon. CHECK. Cheesecake? DOUBLE CHECK. Pizza? C-H-E-C-K!
There’s really nothing that we haven’t dropped into a vat of boiling hot oil. We’ve even deep fried crickets and ants (ew). If you’re a fan of deep-frying, we’ve got an awesome recipe for you to try…that doesn’t have any insects in it.
Just a handful of ingredients and you’ve got yourself some mouth-watering deep-fried Oreos.
- package of Oreos
- 1 1/4 c. pancake mix
- 1 tbsp. canola/vegetable oil
- 1 c. milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- pot filled with canola/vegetable oil heated to 350F
- Start by putting the pot of oil over medium heat on the stove. Now mix the milk, egg and 1 tbsp. of oil in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt into the pancake mix and then pour all of that into the milk/egg mixture. Whisk everything together until there are no clumps left. If the batter is too thin, add 1/4 cup of pancake mix to make it a little thicker. You want it so that it covers a single Oreo well enough without dripping too much.
- Use a thermometer to check that the oil in the pot has reached 350F. Once it reaches that temperature, turn down the heat just a little bit so that it doesn’t go up. Dip each Oreo into the batter. Make sure to coat them well. Also, don’t let them stay coated too long before you throw them into the hot oil, or they’ll get mushy.
- Lower each Oreo gently into the hot oil and let them fry for a couple of minutes, all while moving them around. Each batch should take about 2 to 3 minutes to get golden brown.
- When they’re finished, pull them out and lay them down on a plate with paper towels and enjoy.
- 23 Best Pizookie Recipes To Sweeten Your Tastebuds
- 12 Deep Fried Recipes To (Not Literally) Die For
- You Know You Want These Nutella-Stuffed Oreo Brownies
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Make sure to follow us on social media too: