Looking for awesome homemade muffin recipe? Check out our version of zucchini muffins with carrot and banana. These are healthy and low-fat!
Low Fat Zucchini Carrot Muffins | Homemade Muffin Recipe
- 3 cups raw grated zucchini (4-6 zucchini, depending on size)
- 2 cups raw grated carrots (3-4 carrots, depending on size)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Nonstick cooking spray
Supplies You Will Need:
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Pan
- Cupcake Liners (optional)
- Grate the two vegetables. But do not peel the zucchini. The green part of the zucchini (the skin) has more nutrients than the rest.
- Mash the banana and beat the eggs with a fork.
- Combine grated zucchini and carrot, banana, eggs, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until muffin tops are golden.
- Allow to cool, then serve.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
Kids and adults love these muffins. They are great for snacks and packing in lunches, and they freeze well, too. I rarely have enough left to freeze. It is worth making two batches of this homemade muffin recipe, just to freeze some.
That’s all folks. Did you enjoy our homemade muffin recipe? Let us know in the comments section below what you thought of our homemade zucchini carrot muffins!
- Low Carb Keto Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- Low Carb Turkey Sausage Patties
- How To Make The Famous Sushi Bake
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies! You can also WRITE FOR US and share your delectable recipes!