A great and simple side dish is a must on Thanksgiving Day. Check out this easy roasted garlic mashed potatoes recipe to make your life easier.
Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes For A Thanksgiving Side Dish
Thanksgiving can be grueling in the kitchen. There’s the turkey, stuffing, side dishes, drinks and desserts. Not only that, but there has to be a lot of it, especially if you’re cooking for extended family and friends. Thanksgiving should be relaxing, so you need some simple recipes in your life. Check out this easy roasted garlic mashed potatoes recipes, which takes about an hour, but doesn’t require too much of your work or attention.
- 1 medium garlic head
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled & washed
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- gravy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Cut off the top part of the garlic head, drizzle it in olive oil and wrap it in aluminum foil. Bake for about an hour or until the garlic is softened. Squeeze out the cloves.
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of water with salt to a boil. Add in the peeled potatoes and cook until tender, which will take between 15 and 20 minutes.
- Drain the pot. Allow the potatoes to cool and chop them up into 1 inch pieces.
- Return the potatoes to the pot and turn the heat to low. Add in the butter, milk, salt and pepper and roasted garlic cloves into the pot. Use a potato/garlic masher to mash the potatoes into the rest of the ingredients. Taste and season with more salt and milk if needed. Alternatively, you can use a mixer to combine the ingredients.
- Top with gravy.
- 12 Potato Salad Recipes To Serve At Your Next Party
- Baked Asparagus Recipe
- 15 Potato Side Dishes To Make Dinner Perfect
Don’t forget to keep in touch, foodies!
Sign up for our newsletter here!
Make sure to follow us on social media too: