Blue Corn Muffins
Makes 12 servings
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup roasted blue cornmeal
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sweetener
½ cup instant non-fat dry milk + 1½ cups
water (or 1½ cups non-fat milk)
¼ cup egg mix + ½ cup water (or 2 eggs, well
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Sift flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt together.
3. Add milk, oil, and eggs. Mix untilsmooth.
4. Fill paper muffin cups ¾ full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Blue Corn Porridge
Makes 8 servings
3½ cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1¼ cups roasted blue (or yellow) cornmeal
1. Mix cornmeal and salt.
2. Bring water to boil. Introduce cornmeal to boiling water and mix well. Continue to beat slowly –
stirring for about five minutes or until smooth and thick.
Blue Corn Scones
Makes 8 servings
½ cup roasted blue (or yellow) cornmeal
1¾ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 stick chilled butter
¼ cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons egg mix + ¼ cup water (or
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons instant non-fat
dry milk + ½ cup water (or ½ cup non-fat
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease and flour a baking sheet.
2. Stir the dry ingredients in a bowl, then cut the butter into the dry mixture with a pastry blender to form a course meal.
3. Beat the egg with milk, sugar, and vanilla. When smooth, stir into the other mixture until the dough holds
4. Knead briefly on a floured surface; pat into an 8” circle; place on baking sheet.
5. Using a pizza cutter or serrated knife, score circle into 8 wedges.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely brown. Serve with honey, fruits, jam. Best straight from the
oven, but still great the next day